AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Regarding a stand/mount, I'm not sure exactly what to do. This monitor will be replacing a 67" LED DLP that'll be going into my bedroom (its a huge room). Here is a photo of what I've currently got in the living room:

Current AV Setup

One thing I'd love to do is mount the TV as low as possible, probably on the wall since the integrated rack/mounts typically put the TV higher. I just find viewing more comfortable at a lower level. As you can see though, my center channel is way too big to put on any kind of rack shelf, so I'm thinking of getting a new rack similar to the one in the photo only with a single VERY wide shelf near the floor. I'd put the four pieces of AV equipment on the bottom across, with the center sitting on top (like where it is on my current rack), and the TV handing behind and just above (again, similar to current setup). Only other constraint is the depth - my Onkyo 805 is about 20" deep and 8.5" high, and I'd like to have a good 1-2" above it for heat dissipation.

I'm thinking of something similar to this: https://www.thesimpletvstandstore.co...y.aspx#Details but with a much higher bottom shelf weight limit and maybe even wider.

I'd greatly appreciate any suggestions you all might have.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by aydu /forum/post/16958409

Really good black levels on that set, or a really reflective screen.

Huh? If you're referring to the DLP, the photo was taken with a bounce flash, at 1/60s exposure time, so it certainly wasn't going to pick up the image on the TV. I only attached the photo to give visual representation to my description of the current setup.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.