AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After completing an installation & convergence on a Barco Data 1100, everything seemed fine. Had perfectly converged crosshatch, but when I left adjustment mode, the Blue jumped 2" to the left, leaving blue Ghosts next to everything on normal programing. Only Blue horizontal is affected-the green & red remain perfectly converged. The only odd thing during setup was Blue raster centering required the adjustment set all the way to 0 (left) to achieve centering. The projection angle adjustment for Blue was normal-centered perfectly on green cross hairs. The rest of the converg. was normal with nothing too far out of center range. WHAT can be wrong?

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
The 1100 is a digital convergence chassis with Sopny SD-146A tubes, right?

This is usually a bad solder joint on the H shift board (far left as looking floor mounted from teh back of the set with the lenses pointing away from you.

Wiggle the board (GENTLY!) while you're powered up, and I'll bet the blue will jump in and out.

Curt

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks much for the reply. This was driving me crazy, but I finially figured how to fix it after several hours of searching forum. The horizontal Blue position adjust pot was very badly out of adjustment. Aparently it was so far off that I could not get true centering of the blue raster (even though I thought it was centered). This resulted in adjusting the Blue tube projection angle incorrectly. Why all this allowed me to get perfect convergence on crosshatch, but lose it when going to normal program I still don't know. But by adjusting this pot on normal program to achieve registration of Blue, and then repeating all installation and convergence adjustments, it was fixed. Now Blue raster shift centered nicely at about 50 on scale, Blue projection angle was corrected, and the alignment held after leaving the crosshatch. Many thanks to BPG Guy, whose post led me to GUNNAR, who had pictures of the pot posted. I could never have found it without help. This forum is great! and now so is my Barco.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.