AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday my installer was cleaning up the rat's nest of wiring around my equipment. Afterwards, when he was testing out the projector, he noticed a weird problem. I don't know if was caused by something he did with the cabling or not, but I hadn't seen it before. It seems to be consistent now, though.

I have an HTPC connected to the projector through the VGA input on computer1, and a DTC-100 connected to the 5 BNC on computer2. The problem is that when I have the projector displaying the HTPC's output on computer1, and I start up a DVD using WinDVD, when the movie starts playing, the projector will suddenly switch to computer2. If I switch it back to computer1 using the remote, everything is fine.

So, why would starting a movie cause it to switch to computer2? Is this bizarre or what?

- Dave

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, guys. Mblank's suggestion seems like the best one so far.

I wouldn't think it could be the vga cable, since it works fine once I switch back to computer1. Could it?

I also don't think it's a Dilard macro doing it. First of all, nothing changed before the problem happened, other than some rat's nest cleaning. Also, it happens when the movie itself starts playing, not when the dvd is inserted. If I start WinDVd with no dvd in the drive, it doesn't happen. If I have a dvd in the drive, and start windvd manually, I see the windvd splash screen, and then it switches to computer2 after the movie starts playing.

- Dave

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
There may be some demonic posession issue here, but I would look to see what is in the system tray or lying resident on the PC first. It is a natural troubleshooting hierarchy to go to the last changed items first when things go awry, but you have established that the HTPC image only displays on comp1, but the pc playing a movie on windvd triggers the projector to switch to computer 2. Disconnect any rs232 communication to the projector and let us know what happens. If it still changes to comp2 when you fire up a movie with windvd, I would disconnect the power cord to the projector for one hour and visit the website suggested by mblank.

------------------

STOP HDCP on DVI

Don O

[This message has been edited by Don O'Brien (edited 07-19-2001).]

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, Don!

Good suggestions. I may also fill my hushbox with garlic, I know that's good for vampires, perhaps projector demons also find garlic repugnant.

- Dave

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
Did you ever create a macro using Dilard to startup windvd and change to the computer 2 input? Are you using serial port control of the projector?

------------------

STOP HDCP on DVI

Don O

·
Registered
4,525 Posts
Don has a good point. Make sure that you don't have any Dilard macros that have the "trigger" assigned to be the insertion of a DVD.

It can be convenient to have the macro run when you insert a DVD, but it can also catch you off-guard if you didn't mean to have the macro run.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.