AVS Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
please help me!

when i attempt to turn on my mitsubishi hd1000u, it starts this clicking noise~near the fan/lamp and i dont think the lamp (or something) is turning on. is it a short circuit? do i attempt to open it and try to fix it myself (i do not have an extended warranty)?

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
If there were a "short" as some people are fonding of saying, the projector, most likely, would not do anything. A "short" is a failure that tends to blow fuses, at the very least.

What you are describing sounds like it is attemting to fire the lamp, but the lamp is responding. So...2 possibilities...either the lamp is bad (and it can look good and be bad, there is NO way to test a lamp except by using it), or the lamp ballast power supply is bad.

So, to test the lamp, you need someone with the SAME projector or you need a new, known good lamp to try in your projector. If you have no positive results there, you have a projector that has a serious problem that cannot be repaired if parts are not available. And I don't see any listed for it.

There is very little in the way of user-serviceable components on these projectors. Most of the repair centers don't do component-level repair, they replace the sub-assemblies. Where possible.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well, i just had my lamp replaced. it was working perfectly fine for a couple of days. i still have the old lamp that i was about to send off to RepairTech, the company i purchased the lamp warranty from. i guess i should try the old lamp and rule out whether or not its the new lamp, and see if that works?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i found out what hte problem was. the new lamp i JUST put in apparently exploded because tiny shards of glass are coming out of the lamp now.

i replaced it with my old lamp and voila, everything is peachy keen.

i JUST got my lamp through warrantech. it must have exploded when i was in the other room.

i feel like telling them (warrantech, who does my lamps replacement warranty through ProjectorPeople) it was damaged in the shipping process, rather than it exploded 5 days after i installed it, in order to get a functional new lamp which i feel i deserve. what do u guys think? i really need your help....

·
Registered
4,738 Posts
Just tell them what happened - I put it in and it blew in 5 days.

·
Registered
42 Posts
i have the exact same problem .. the lamp dosent fire up... so in order to fix it .. i just start up the PJ and then unplug if from the wall outlet .. after 10 seconds i plug it back in and after another 5 seconds i start the PJ and everything is ok.. except for today when i think my HDMI port broke
it shows no signal whatever i do

·
Registered
273 Posts
The replacement lamp has a warranty on it of it's own -- most are warranted for a certain number of days or hours. Send the replacement back where you got it, tell them it blew after 5 hours of use. When it comes to high pressure bulbs, it's either going to fail at 0-10 hours, or not until it wears out. I've heard stories of them popping the first time they're powered up.

Greg

·
Registered
81 Posts
I replaced my bulb a couple moths ago. I was not able to reset the bulb so the low live message kept coming up.

This morning when tyring to turn it on I get nothing. Just two red lights on the unit. I have left it unplugged for a while but still nothing. Of course I'm not having any luck finding my manual to see what 2 red lights means.

Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
If you go to the "indicators" section in the manual it states if the power and status LED's are solid red the lamp has exceeded 3000 hours. By pressing < , > , and power on the control panel of the projector, and holding them down for at least 3 seconds, you can reset the lamp timer. When this happens the status LED should go off.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Mitsubishi 1000U will not start

If you go to the "indicators" section in the manual it states if the power and status LED's are solid red the lamp has exceeded 3000 hours. By pressing < , > , and power on the control panel of the projector, and holding them down for at least 3 seconds, you can reset the lamp timer. When this happens the status LED should go off.
I found this in the search tools. tried it...nothing.
Replaced my bulb Mar 9 2015. I had lamp replacement warnings and ignored them (lost remote and did not reset lamp warnings). Today two red LED's. Tried unplugging, waiting, holding two < > for as long as a minute. Nothing.

Anyone have any ideas???

·
Registered
2 Posts
I found this in the search tools. tried it...nothing.
Replaced my bulb Mar 9 2015. I had lamp replacement warnings and ignored them (lost remote and did not reset lamp warnings). Today two red LED's. Tried unplugging, waiting, holding two < > for as long as a minute. Nothing.

Anyone have any ideas???
Got it, never mind.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts