AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,


My TV is LG LCD TV 47" 1080P ( I think the model number is 47LC7DF). I have it for couple of months. Somehow its has been turn off by itself a week ago. When its off, I have no way to turn it on either using remote control or the power button. I remove the power cord for more than 1 minutes, then I plugged it back in the TV and turn it on. Its working for few days without giving me any problem.


This morning, I turned it on, its suddenly turn off and on by itself repeatly. I can't even control the tv using the remote again. Then I try the trick above, remove power cord and plug it back after 1 minute. Then its turn on again, but I'm in the rush to work. When I leave, the TV was on. But just now I got the message from my wife, she told that they are unable to turn the TV on. I told her I was turn on the TV before I went to work. She told that after I left the home, the TV seems liked in "off", not turn on.


DO you guys having the problem ? Have any idea what solution I can have this fix without asking for repair service? Appreciate your help, Thank you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
This is a clear sign of a defective board, probably the power supply. When the TV shuts off and you can't do anything to it, an overload protector has tripped. When you pull the plug, you are resetting it. When it acts erratically, it means the power to some subboards have been out of spec, causing memory or control circuits to become corrupted, that can be cleaned out by a reset.


Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyyee77 /forum/post/15064805


Hi All,


My TV is LG LCD TV 47" 1080P ( I think the model number is 47LC7DF). I have it for couple of months. Somehow its has been turn off by itself a week ago. When its off, I have no way to turn it on either using remote control or the power button. I remove the power cord for more than 1 minutes, then I plugged it back in the TV and turn it on. Its working for few days without giving me any problem.


This morning, I turned it on, its suddenly turn off and on by itself repeatly. I can't even control the tv using the remote again. Then I try the trick above, remove power cord and plug it back after 1 minute. Then its turn on again, but I'm in the rush to work. When I leave, the TV was on. But just now I got the message from my wife, she told that they are unable to turn the TV on. I told her I was turn on the TV before I went to work. She told that after I left the home, the TV seems liked in "off", not turn on.


DO you guys having the problem ? Have any idea what solution I can have this fix without asking for repair service? Appreciate your help, Thank you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Within this week. The TV suddenly resetting itself (Sound like "TIT TAT", continuously. the power light on and off). Lot of times happened on me. No matter what I'm watching. I'm using an HDMI cable for my PC and cable from local cable service(without paying for any monthly plan because I used the splitter, I'm using the cable online service). Last few days even happened when I'm using HDMI for my PC.This morning, my mum called me and told that the TV is on but is completely blank. I will check it out this evening after works. Is anybody can help to giving some answers on the following questions:


1) Is it because I didn't buy the cable TV service? (When I was unplugged the cable, then the TV will not reset by itself again. After plugged in the cable again, all the channels are fine except one channel.)


2) Is it because of the remote control? (Last night my TV was resetting again, then I try to remove the battery from my remote control, its works well.)


3) Is it because my old power Surge Suppressor? (Long time ago, I try to remove the power cord and plug into another outlet from the same surge suppressor, then the problem solved.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyyee77 /forum/post/16003719


Within this week. The TV suddenly resetting itself (Sound like "TIT TAT", continuously. the power light on and off). Lot of times happened on me. No matter what I'm watching. I'm using an HDMI cable for my PC and cable from local cable service(without paying for any monthly plan because I used the splitter, I'm using the cable online service). Last few days even happened when I'm using HDMI for my PC.This morning, my mum called me and told that the TV is on but is completely blank. I will check it out this evening after works. Is anybody can help to giving some answers on the following questions:


1) Is it because I didn't buy the cable TV service? (When I was unplugged the cable, then the TV will not reset by itself again. After plugged in the cable again, all the channels are fine except one channel.)


2) Is it because of the remote control? (Last night my TV was resetting again, then I try to remove the battery from my remote control, its works well.)


3) Is it because my old power Surge Suppressor? (Long time ago, I try to remove the power cord and plug into another outlet from the same surge suppressor, then the problem solved.)

  1. Likely no. Probably the signal is too weak. Try connecting it directly without the splitter.
  2. no. Is it also weird with new batteries?
  3. no.

Your TV seems to be 'confused', it may need to be reset, unplug it from the wall, wait a few minutes then plug and try again. Try watching a DVD without cable or using the remote. If all is well, its clearly not the TV but something else.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for your response. Seem liked not the problem of my cable line, remote control or my surge protector.


Yesterday morning as I told that my mum turn on the TV, suddenly it keeps turn on and off. After few times of on and off, the TV went off and unable to turn on using the remote or the power button on the TV. She turned off the surge protector too.


Yesterday evening, I went home and turned on the surge protector. The TV worked fine but only for around 10 minutes.
Then it turns on and off repeatly again. Then I turned it off using the remote control. Its off for few minutes, I turned it back on, its became normal again but also only last for 10 minutes or more. I tried it few times, the TV still turned on and off repeatly after 10 minutes.
I gave up and turned it off. Then I unplugged my surge protector for few minutes and plugged in another outlet from the wall. After about an hour later, I turned on the TV to check again. The TV back to normal and last for more than 30 minutes without turn on and off. I turned if off again.



This morning, I turned on the TV to check again. Its last for more than 20 minutes without turn on and off.
Whats seem to be the problem?


Just don't know why. I have my TV for more than 1 year. Actual usage time on the TV is only less than 1000 hours. Now I hope it will not crazy again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
922 Posts
By unplugging it and letting it power down, you are erasing any problematic settings set in memory.


There is definitely hardware problem with your unit. It comes down to only 2 items:


Is it a permanent problem, a damaged chip? It will require service to replace the damaged board with the damaged chip.


Is it a temporary problem, a glitch in firmware, partially erased? A spike could have corrupted an EPROM, requiring a simple reloading of firmware. However, if the spike also damaged the EPROM, then reloading it won't fix the problem.


From what you describe, it seems like your power supply is dying. This is a very common problem in lower end TVs. If you can watch TV normally for a few minutes, then it clicks and turns on and off, it means it is likely overheating. If you can cool it down, it could last a little longer than 10 minutes, and suggest the diagnosis. When the power supply malfunctions, it could also confuse many of the other circuits in the TV as it begins to provide erratic power.


Trying pointing a fan at the TV when you watch. If it lasts longer for watching TV you have a diagnosis. But it won't fix the problem, it will just delay it until it finally burns through and the unit will no longer start up. Luckily, it is also the easiest item to fix, if it needs to be fixed.




Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyyee77 /forum/post/16009593


Thanks for your response. Seem liked not the problem of my cable line, remote control or my surge protector.


Yesterday morning as I told that my mum turn on the TV, suddenly it keeps turn on and off. After few times of on and off, the TV went off and unable to turn on using the remote or the power button on the TV. She turned off the surge protector too.


Yesterday evening, I went home and turned on the surge protector. The TV worked fine but only for around 10 minutes.
Then it turns on and off repeatly again. Then I turned it off using the remote control. Its off for few minutes, I turned it back on, its became normal again but also only last for 10 minutes or more. I tried it few times, the TV still turned on and off repeatly after 10 minutes.
I gave up and turned it off. Then I unplugged my surge protector for few minutes and plugged in another outlet from the wall. After about an hour later, I turned on the TV to check again. The TV back to normal and last for more than 30 minutes without turn on and off. I turned if off again.



This morning, I turned on the TV to check again. Its last for more than 20 minutes without turn on and off.
Whats seem to be the problem?


Just don't know why. I have my TV for more than 1 year. Actual usage time on the TV is only less than 1000 hours. Now I hope it will not crazy again.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, thanks for your reply and professional explanation for me. I appreaciated you help.


After posting the last message. I told that the TV become fine for more than 10 minutes after switched the surge protector to another power outlet.


Now the TV seems liked no problem at all. It have not turn off and on again for these few days. Can't explain. Hope it can stay as normal forever.



Now I'm enjoying it with movie and TV shows.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3 Posts
Hi, my LG LH55 just encountered a problem too with it turning off on its own and won't turn on anymore.


It was tuning to channels and I had a Preamplified HDTV Antenna plugged directly into the wall outlet and it had a coax into the TV. Could that have caused the TV to trip out ?


It's an LG for one thing... too


Not sure what went wrong or know if there is any perm damage!


Any help appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Has anyone here had the problem fixed by a technician?

My tv just randomly shuts off, sometimes going into green vertical lines (of death we call it). You can't do anything when the tv does this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I have this big flat screen/panal tv 42". brand name is VIORE, I've never even heard of this brand before. Model No: PDP42V18HA. Its about 6years old (2006). But when I took off the back panal, it has the LG logo on the boards. So I guess thats an okay brand. anyway when u plug it in, the red standby light stays on, but when u hit the power button the green light turns on for two seconds or so, it will make a some click or clicks sound then turn off, then after a second or so, the green light comes on, but only stays on for another second or so. then shuts off totally. with no red light on. until i unplug it & plug it back, but it only does the samething. it turns back on only twice. and back off until i unplug and plug it back in. i did switch the power supply, that has the same amount power specs. anyway, if it will cost me $100.00 or less to fix it in parts or what ever. and anyone has the info that can help me fix it 100% I will pay that person a $50 to a $100. basically just explain how i can fix it myself and i will send that peason the money after it has successfully been fix. My email is the same as my username. just add the m at the end. please if anyone can help me I would greatly appreciate is sincerly. I also have this 60" samgung witch does a simarlier thing. that tv is like a year older. but i got the tv like that, and the person i got it from said he had the boards tested or something like that and said one was bad, then he paid about $200 for a brand new board. But then someone told him that no matter what if one board needs to be replaced then they all do, but that didnt make any sence to me. why if the other broards are good. Unless its suppose to be reset some special way, or some how programed. but anyway, please if some one can help me figure this out. i would very much appreciate that and would owe you big time thank You and have a bless day. I also want to mention, that i do have a bunch of PC's. laptops/ desktops all in 100% working order that I wanted to sell, real, real real cheap, could aslo be sold for a resale, profit. if anyone was interested. I would even send u the links to show what these are selling for and what the lowest prices that Ive seen online are, plus the highest price. Anyway im willing to make you a very nice deal, plus im also interested in trading. Im very good at fixing and rebuilding computers, no problem. they all run windows 7. But i could add other OS systems, windows, linux, I could even put Mac os on these PC's. or multiple OS's, plus more. Please just feel free to get ahold of me.. Thank you and again Have a Blessed day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I also have a Viore and the power pops off now for months. I use it as a computer monitor. Called to complain, I took it to a service center and the guy used it as his own computer monitor for a week and it never had the power pop off.

I'm wondering if I have too much power running through my office and should add more electricity. It is getting worse as the temperature outside is going up this summer. It now does it several times an hour. The technician found nothing wrong with it. Help!?!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
I **** you not, i tried eveything i read from the internet from reseting it to new cord.

it was starting to piss me off so i got up and smack it across the face! and wtf? it started working, i was very shocked that my demonic lg would work with a b****slap
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts

This seems to be a very common problem with the LG tv's, I have a 47" Plasma screen, and 1 month out of warranty, it shut off, and every time i try to power it on, it shuts off till it will start cycling off, and on again, over and over.. I will NEVER BUY ANOTHER LG TV AGAIN !!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
My TV also doing the same, was unable to turn on and off, was not responding at all, sometimes it will come by it self and goes off. As it was within the grantee I took it the the seller and recommend to use stabilizer which I bought f 1000w which is now working perfectly.


My advice for you guys, please buy stabilizer; Insha’Allah the problem will be solved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts


My TV also doing the same, was unable to turn on and off, was not responding at all, sometimes it will come by it self and goes off. As it was within the grantee I took it the the seller and recommend to use stabilizer which I bought f 1000w which is now working perfectly.


My advice for you guys, please buy stabilizer; Insha’Allah the problem will be solved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts


fatusirTrader Feedback: 0



online

1 Post. Joined Today at 6:59 am

Select All Posts By This User

My TV also doing the same, was unable to turn on and off, was not responding at all, sometimes it will come by it self and goes off. As it was within the grantee I took it the the seller and recommend to use stabilizer which I bought f 1000w which is now working perfectly.


My advice for you guys, please buy stabilizer; Insha’Allah the problem will be solved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4 Posts
My TV also doing the same, was unable to turn on and off, was not responding at all, sometimes it will come by it self and goes off. As it was within the grantee I took it the the seller and recommend to use stabilizer which I bought f 1000w which is now working perfectly.


My advice for you guys, please buy stabilizer; Insha’Allah the problem will be solved.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,076 Posts
take the back cover off and look for bulged capacitors on your power board






remove and replace all that look like those in the picture on your power board. MUST USE THE EXACT SAME REPLACEMENT TYPE (ie 35V 2200uf for example) and inserted with the correct polarity.


sample of LG power board

 
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
Top