AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need your help and input about my problem...First of all, i've never had a problem with my NAD T752 untill ....this morning when i plugged my Grado headphone in the headphone input of the receiver, the NADs front LED went nuts...it started blinking...and then all the the lights went on...i mean all....the DD, DTS, NEO 6, PROLOGIC II, EARS, SOFT CLIP, FM, TONE DEFEAT, MUTE so on and so forth....the THX and HDCD display went on (even though the 752 is not a thx certified and cant decode HDCD). .....there seems to be no probem when comes to sound or hissing...i can still listen to songs and play DVD but the the receivers LED is just going berserk.

What could be the receivers problem? u think i did something to the receiver by plugging my headphones...just to let you guys know this is the FIRST time i have tried using the headphone inputs. Could i have shorted my receiver? :(

I also tried to reset the receiver but that did not solve the problem.

Need your help and opinion guys....i have no money to buy a brand new receiver...if you know a way to fix this problem let me know. Also if any of you live around the (Woodbridge and Edison) New Jersey area and know a NAD local service center please let me know. Thank You!

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I had a 762 that did the same thing, except it happened when it was only a couple of weeks old. The dealer replaced it.

Your 752 might be under warranty. Contact NAD to find out. Even if you have to pay for it, I would get it fixed vs. buying a new receiver.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Count me in with my 762. Started displaying all sorts of odd characters in the window. It would be OK for a while, then I would hit the volume up or down, and it went nuts. Tried various reset procedures, but no joy.

It was less than a year old at the time. My dealer shipped it back for me, where NAD replaced the whole front display board.

Knock wood, its been fine since then.

BGL

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's exactly what happened to me.....after i plugged the headphones in and when i turned the volume up and down, the display started going nuts.

I'm the 2nd owner....i got it at audiogon. Ive had it for about 5 months...love the sound of NAD and sounds great with my M&K speakers. It has worked flawlesly until just today...maybe i should not have plugged my headphones (that may and may not have caused the problem)...looks like im screwed.

Would NAD even fix receivers that are not under warranty? If not, then where do you guys suggest i get this fixed? i'm scared to go to a regular electronics repair shop around the corner...they might just do more damage than fix it.

What do you guys suggest i do??? :confused:

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
I would e-mail NAD from the link at their web site. In my experience, they always reply, and the person replying has always been someone that knows whats going on, not some low level droid.

Who knows...they may ackowledge that there has been a few of these reports and take care of you for free, or at a reduced rate.

Without knowing what causes the issue, its hard to judge if a local repair shop could sort it out, but given that in my case, they replaced the whole display section, I would opt to have the manufacturer fix it.

I echo your thoughts about the sound...its a very nice unit, with great usability features, and effortless power. They have been let down by some build quality issues, but in my experience the dealer, and NAD have stood by the product.

Brian

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.