AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received it this evening and plugged it in. Picture looks fabulous, however I have a horizontal bar that slowly moves from the bottom to the top of the screen and then starts at the bottom again. Its there with both S-video and video inputs. At first I thought it was my DVD player since I am seeing it on my TV also. But then noted it disappears from the TV screen when I disconnect the LT150's cable (I have both the TV and Lt150 hooked up at the same time to troubleshoot this problem). Apparently the LT150 in injecting some video noise into my system. I confirmed this with my VCR also. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there something I need to set or adjust? Tried switching outlets, but no help.

Also, anyone know what DEll's replacement policy is?

Jon

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Sounds like a ground loop problem. If possible, plug both the projector and source components into the same power outlet. Sit tight. I am sure other here will have a solution to your problem.

·
Registered
415 Posts
This is almost certainly a ground loop problem. The first thing you should try is disconnecting your cable TV cable from the wall or wherever it's coming from. Cable companies are notorious for having a very different ground potential from your house. If this works, then a simple isolation transformer is all you need.

The problem arises because the signal ground and the ground that your projector is plugged into are different. Unfortunately, your projector (unlike your VCR, DVD player, or TV) connects the two together. This is allowed for I.T. electronics, such as computers and projectors, but not for home A/V equipment. The easiest, and most dangerous, way to cure it is to lift the ground of your projector by using a three prong to two prong adapter.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys,

It was a simple ground loop. Problem solved. The culprit was a budget JVC VCR.

I must say I'm astonished with the picture quality of this projector.

Jon

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.