AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My hdtv is the Sanyo 32744. I'm pretty sure this set supports 1080i natively. I can get the Oppo to work in 480 or 720 but when I put it in 1080 mode the picture rolls vertically and it's unwatchable. Does anyone know if I've overlooked something or a way to correct this? Thanks.

·
Registered
202 Posts
What connection are you using? You may want to try a different cable and see if it helps. Also, see if your TV has different sync options.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Make sure you have the latest firmware version. I know the more recent firmware(s) fixed a 1080i issue. When you cycle through the output, there is 540p and 1080i, one may work better than the other for 1080i.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm using a dvi>hdmi cable. The 540 mode gives me a "no signal" message on the tv and the 1080 mode gives me a rolling vertical picture. The player has the most recent software.

·
Registered
7,039 Posts
Maybe your display needs to resync somehow for 1080i. Set the Oppo to 1080i, turn it off and turn it back on. Try turning both your display and the oppo off. Have you been able to feed it 1080i before from other sources? Is this happening on all dvds? Are you trying pal discs?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same display. 1080i mode does not work with the oppo at present. I've sent oppo the service manual from the set, they said that there was nothing in the service manual to help with the problem. It's a problem with the oppo, since I've tried two other players at 1080i with no problems.

Hopefully, oppo will fix this with the next firmware.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by floben
I have the same display. 1080i mode does not work with the oppo at present. I've sent oppo the service manual from the set, they said that there was nothing in the service manual to help with the problem. It's a problem with the oppo, since I've tried two other players at 1080i with no problems.

Hopefully, oppo will fix this with the next firmware.
Hey thanks for the reply. I'm still thinking about what to do with this Oppo. It looks excellent at 720 but I still wonder what it could look like at 1080 and this upconversion was part of the reason I bought the player.

I've also noticed audio sync problems. I'm trying to mess with the audio delay as it allows for up to 50ms. Have you noticed any sync issues? I have mine set at 50ms and it appears to be about right but I need to watch it some more.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I have no problems with 1080,720 or the 520. picture cones in great(samsung dlp), but best with 720p,my native resolution. Also have no problems with audio and am running coaxial cable for digital to onkyo receiver. kept audio delay at none and have watched,Pacifier and finding nemo and my wife thinks that both are almost as good as the hd channels.In fact blows away tnt hd channel.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissonant
Hey thanks for the reply. I'm still thinking about what to do with this Oppo. It looks excellent at 720 but I still wonder what it could look like at 1080 and this upconversion was part of the reason I bought the player.

There is no perceptible difference to me between 720 and 1080 on my Hitachi 55" plasma, or on my DLP projector. Not having 1080 upconversion sync is really no loss. The material is not HD anyway.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
720p is actually better than 1080i

540p=1080i

720p=1440i

isnt this correct?

·
Registered
245 Posts
really 720p is 720p. i beleave that 540p 1080i are about the same,with 1080i drawing 540 lines during 1 pass and the other 540 on the next pass. For any action 720p is usally preferred.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.