AVS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came home tonight and turned on my home entertainment system when I heard a loud pop (like a lightbulb breaking) and my Pioneer 503cmx powered off. Now if I try to power it on the green power indicator light comes on as if it's starting and then it powers itself off and I get a flashing red light which flashes 5 times. Can anyone give me any advice?

·
Premium Member
18,307 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmwilson01 /forum/post/14314302

I came home tonight and turned on my home entertainment system when I heard a loud pop (like a lightbulb breaking) and my Pioneer 503cmx powered off. Now if I try to power it on the green power indicator light comes on as if it's starting and then it powers itself off and I get a flashing red light which flashes 5 times. Can anyone give me any advice?

It sounds like your power supply may have failed and if so, it's possible that Pioneer will replace it for free. Your model was listed on the recall list but i don't know if this list is still current or if the deadline for your model has passed or not, but this document still exists on Pioneer's support site. I'd bookmark this page then call the 1-800 number listed. If they say it's no longer covered tell them you're looking at their list on their website with your model number . . . . .

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...ioneer+Plasmas

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks a ton guys. That's very helpful and potentially great news. It's too soon to get rid of this beauty.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hey folks,

I seem to have the EXACT same issue. My 503CMX that I bought online in Aug 2002. I also bought a 4 year ext warranty, but of course that's expired 2 years ago.

I called the phone number on the URL listed but they are closed now. So I'll call tomorrow.

Would they actually come to my house and replace the power supply after 6+ years?

Has anyone gone through this?

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
134 Posts
Unbelievable, mine popped last week. Glad I found this thread. I'll see what happens. I guess the life cycle on the power supply is up.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi,

My 503CMX is wall mounted using a Premier mount. I mounted it myself 6 years ago and it hasn't been touched since. I understand that I'll need to take it off the wall. But do you know if i'll need to remove the bracket from the back of the panel in order to get access to the power supply?

Hopefully someone who had this done can reply.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
388 Posts
Hi all,

I have good news to report. I contacted a Pioneer authorized service center near my home. They confirmed with Pioneer that my model was covered under the power supply replacement issue.

They ordered the power supply board and assembly. It arrived in about 3-4 days. They called me to arrange a service call. I removed the panel from the wall myself (with a friend) as they required. They came to the house and replaced the board in a matter of 15 mins. We tested everything and that was it.

It was great that Pioneer did this even though my panel was purchased in 2002.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Steve

·
Registered
5,073 Posts
Glad I had my 433 power supply replaced years ago from Pioneer.I still find my 433 best pq Ive seen including the kuro(but Ive only seen them in stores so I guess you cant really qualify that kind of exposure).Im going to upgrade soon but no way am I getting rid of the 433.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts