AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My month old Mitsu 73835 TV remote died & I have a time lock set.

I have an installer coming for my surround sound system in 3 hours & I can't

turn on my TV.......any ideas???

The info manual says to hold the menu button down for 8 secs & it will unlock the front panel controls, but it does nothing about the time lock.

HELP!!

- Cam

·
Registered
71 Posts
Not sure what time lock is as my set does not have this feature but did you try new batteries? I guess as a last resort you can always try the system reset button on the tv but you will lose any settings you might have.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by toms89 /forum/post/15578796

Not sure what time lock is as my set does not have this feature but did you try new batteries? I guess as a last resort you can always try the system reset button on the tv but you will lose any settings you might have.

The system reset does not bypass the time lock.

I had been having trouble with it for several days, but since I mostly use the cable box remote, it was no big deal, all I used the factory remote for was to input the time lock code.

The set has the capability to have the TV "not" turn on during certain hours. I had this feature turned on so that this TV was not used ALL day long by people in the house (several others to choose from & I was trying to save the lamp, lol).

The cable remote WONT input the lock code, it has to be done with the factory one.

I am getting a Universal Remote (brand) universal remote....my installer says he thinks that he can program it to input the code (fingers crossed).

As a last resort, I was thinking I could go to Best Buy if need be & hope they would let me borrow a remote from a display unit.

Yes, I tried three different sets of batteries.....

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The new remote allowed me to unlock my TV & the install went great..

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
Have you tried to reset the remote?

Remove the batteries..

Push each button on the remote (start at the Top)

Repeat 3 times

Replace the batteries..

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy_winds /forum/post/15593939

Have you tried to reset the remote?

Remove the batteries..

Push each button on the remote (start at the Top)

Repeat 3 times

Replace the batteries..

I had called Mitsu on Friday & that is what they said to do....remove the batteries & push each button twice, then replace the batteries.

I did this twice, & they are sending me a new remote under warranty.

As posted above my new Universal Remote allowed me to input the code.

·
Registered
4,671 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts