AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm running Windows ME on a TBird 1gig system with 512 meg of ddr ram.

When I install (using the drivers/app off of dc.com) everything works fine.

If I reboot and try to run MyHD, I immediately get a blue screen in one of the files that MyHD installs/uses (ntkern.vxd or something like that). It appears to cause this error when attempting to tune to a channel (the UI appears, but then I get the blue screen).

I can hit a key to get back to Windows, but MyHD says that the application is already running if I try to restart it. If I try to restart the system from there, my system goes to a black screen and I have to reboot.

Last night I was getting this and I went into Safe mode and removed the device and uninstalled the software.

I then rebooted into normal mode, had it reinstall the drivers and then I reinstalled the software. This allowed me to get back into MyHD. BUT when I rebooted, I can no longer get into MyHD.

Tonight after the reboot, I uninstalled and reinstalled (no safe mode, no drivers, no reboot after uninstall) and I still get the blue screen.

I do have another video capture card in the system (for dScaler). I wonder if that is causing the problem? (tuner confusion on reboot?)

I am using a cheap Vortex SQ1500 sound card (otherwise I would upgrade to XP!).

HELP! (I have to be able to reboot right?)

Thanks!

Sean

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update:

Taking out the capture card did not help...

However, just by uninstalling (and losing my settings), removing the device from the device manager, refreshing the dev. man., reinstalling the sw, it works!

wtf?

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by goofygrin
Update:

Taking out the capture card did not help...

However, just by uninstalling (and losing my settings), removing the device from the device manager, refreshing the dev. man., reinstalling the sw, it works!

wtf?
Welcome to the wonderful world of Windows. Sometimes the install does not go right and sometimes it does.

Just this afternoon I spent three hours going crazy trying to find the cause of MyHD rebooting when tuning a certain Fox channel. Uninstalled and reinstalled the software/drivers several times without joy. Then I decided to try the same channel on HiPix and it crashed just like the MyHD card.

Last time I talked with the Fox engineer he indicated they were using beta software for the encoder and would be updating the software soon. I think it was this afternoon and I’ll call him in the morning to find out what has changed with the signal.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update #2:

I figured out that (after a reboot) if I just remove the item from the device mangler, hit refresh (to reload it), all works great...

Now here is where it gets odd...

The bios is assigning IRQ 7. When I load the driver (refreshing in Dev. Man.) it is getting IRQ10! (and working!). When I reboot, it is picking up the bios assigned IRQ (7) and no longer works.

I have messing with all the bios settings and have gotten the card onto irq 5, 7, 9, 10, and 11 with no joy... It only works if the driver is reinitialized after bootup.

This is really odd to me...

The only thing left to do I guess is to move the card to a different slot... I have moved my nic already, so why not...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.