AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well, my main HTPC drive crashed last week.

I finally got everything set up again but now I cannot install the MyHD driver!

XP finds the device but will not install the driver...it says "hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software."

I have tried installing from the MyHD CD driver location and also from a new downloaded version...no luck.

Can someone help?

If I install the app, it just locks up and shuts down.....because no driver is installed.

PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
This is just a guess, but if you installed XP with the MyHD card present, it is possible that XP installed a "place holder" driver. This is not really consistent with your report that XP is trying to install the driver, but it is still worth a try.

Look in Device Manager for anything that is yellow. It might say something like "Other" or "Unknown Multimedia Device". Delete that device and reboot, and you should be given the option to install the MyHD driver. Hopefully it will work.

-Dave

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks DPlettner,

I will give that a try. Yes, I did install XP with the MyHD card in the motherboard so my guess is there is a place holder driver. I do see some yelloe devices as well.

I will let you know what happens.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well,

It's still not working. I am out of ideas.

It just will not install the dirver, even after I uninstalled the "yellow" marks in device manager.

It find new hardware, asks me for the software, I have let it scan and I have pointed the the MYHD win_XP directory but it just will not install. It says:

Cannot Install this Hardware

The hardware was not installed because the wizard cannot find the necessary software.

Argh...I just told it where to find it!!!!

Is there a manual way to do this?

I seem to remember someone else having this issue a while back but could not find the thread.

Any other ideas?

·
Registered
13,423 Posts
"Is there a manual way to do this?"

Yes, there is an advanced/manual way to install a driver instead of letting Windows search for the driver. Just read all the instructions on the driver update wizard.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Watson
"Is there a manual way to do this?"

Yes, there is an advanced/manual way to install a driver instead of letting Windows search for the driver. Just read all the instructions on the driver update wizard.
Are you using the latest non-beta MyHD application and driver available here:

http://www.digitalconnection.com/Support/cn_myhd_14.asp

The install package should install the driver automatically.

Is the MyHD driver showing up under Sound, Video, and Game Controllers in Device Manager.

If all else fails and you can't get the driver to install, try reinstalling XP without the MyHD card installed, and then install the card and driver according to the instructions in the manual available at the link above.

-Dave

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.