Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help from the experts needed!

I need to know what board or boards could be affected and what do you think the cause of this code could be!!!!

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
782 Posts
Alan,

FD or more correctly Fd is a high voltage error. The last time I repaired a 135 with this error the culprit turned out to be the HV drive board, however Rich O. also had me swap out the flyback and triplers at the same time. After replacing all of the afore mentioned hardware I put the old HV driver board back in and the problem returned, it was definately the board.

There are several large drive transistors on this card, an HV static discahrge, one of those loud arcing discharge snaps you hear occasionally during CRT breakin, actually fried one of the transistors.

John

·
Registered
782 Posts
Alan,

Did you have any luck tracking down your problem? As a fellow 135 owner I'm allways curious about failures.

John

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
The problem with changing that board and the associated parts is that the HV protection and HV level really needs to be set. I just fixed a Runco 991 where Runco had sent out several boards and severaly flybacks and splitters, and the dealer kept getting FD. I performed the alignment procedure on the board that was in the unit at the time I got there and Voila! No more problems.

Chuck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.