AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a Stewart screen in a couple of weeks delivered to my home. It is operable via a 12V trigger. However, I didn't have the foresight to wire in a 12v trigger wire set... can anyone recommend an AC powered 12V trigger source that operates by IR or RF remote control....

thanks, tony

·
Registered
9 Posts
I don't know of a specific IR 12v controlled device but...

If you have a remote that can issue x10 ir commands. with the following equipment you can automate your 12v source.

$22.86 IR to X10 Converter

$12.99 X10 Appliance Module

$12.99 12v Radio Shack Power supply

plug 12v power supply into x10 appliance module and applicance module into 110v power. Hook up power supply to 12v trigger. Control x10 applicance module telling it to turn on and off with the x10 IR Converter with your remote or by hand with push buttons on converter.

Total cost round 50 bucks, and you have the flexibility to add other x10 modules if you want for lights etc..

STeve

·
Registered
3,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dan and Steve. I will check out both options. I know that for Stewart to add the remote control was big bux. I was hoping for an X10 like solution that was cheaper.

Looks like from the X10 site I could use the small keychain controller to talk to the wireless appliance module that would power up the 12V RS power supply. Get's rid of one box from Steve's solution. Next problem is this stuff would hang from the ceiling... Maybe I will attach to the back of the screen case some small kit box with this stuff inside....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.