AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone got a 45M focus resistor for a ECP that they could overnight mail me. The projector that I have set up at the Marshfield Fair popped the focus resistor today. I don't even have anythig close to put together 45M without going on a road trip. I thought I had some 15M's to put togehter but I was wrong. I have a 44.8M that came out of a ECP but I don't know why I saved it. It may be from a SD-187/07MS tube swap or it might be drifty I don't know. I'm going to pop it in tomorrow AM and try it, but I would like a backup ASAP just in case. Thanks,

Chip

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
I've got them, but it's not going to be overnight from Canada. Let me know if no one else offers.

I'd have them to you by Weds or Thursday

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Curt. I forget which way it goes. Which tubes need the larger resistor, SD-187 or 07MS? This one has the old style focus board and SD-187 tubes.

Chip

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
Then you need a 45 M ohm resistor. Chances are you can find 5 10 M ohm resistors 2 watt locally. String those in series and cover in heat shrink.

·
Registered
18,501 Posts
55 Meg Ohms... if you don't already have the new focus block installed. My website www.curtpalme.com has more info.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
CHIP?!?!?!?

Why did'nt ya call me! I've got a fairly well equipped lab at the office, including a bunch (like tens of thousands) of resistors. 2 watts may be a stretch, but I'll check first thing tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JT, that would be great. Whatever you can come up with that I could put in series to make 45M. Thanks, YGM

Chip

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
How much real-estate are we talking about? A parallel network of much higher values would spread the wattage, if I don't have a 2 watt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.