Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I am looking for a portable DVD player that can be used in both the USA and Europe and has the following features:

1) Codefree

2) Works with RCE discs

3) On the builtin screen, can playback both NTSC and PAL DVD's.

4) Can be used with both 110/120V and 220/240V power (USA and Europe)

5) Can output NTSC to an external NTSC TV

6) Can output PAL and NTSC to an external PAL TV.

7) Doesn't have to output PAL to an external NTSC TV, although that would be a nice feature.

8) Has some kind of non-digital audio output so I can hook up the analog sound to non-digital receivers or directly to a TV.

9) Would be nice if it doesn't break the bank! :)

Does anyone know of such a portable DVD player? Of course, the longer the battery life, and the bigger the screen, the better it is, but beggars can't be choosers.

Thanks for any help!

Scott

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have a Shinco DVD 960 portable. 5.8" screen, multi-region (all regions or can be set to a region from menu). Plays PAL or NTSC discs, and output auto or selectable to PAL or NTSC TV. 100-240V 50~60Hz auto switch over, cigarette lighter adapter and a 3 hrs lith-ion battery pack. Card size full function remote control.

Compatibility: DVD/VCD/SVCD/CD/MP3/CD-R

Audio output: AC-3 and DTS digital out (coaxial and optical), analog stereo out, built-in stereo speakers, and c/w stereo headphone.

Video output: S-Video and composite.

Audio and Video input (S-video or RCA to 1/8" jacks).

Nice handy little pakage, can take it travelling anywhere around the world, in car, on plane or hook up to a full blown HT system.

Cost: approx. US$600, bought it in Hong Kong less than a year ago.

You can look up who sells Shinco products on line here in North America.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.