AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am at BB now and in the Magnolia center! they have 1 Denon 1908 left on clearance for $299! I originally came for the 1909 but I really DO NOT need the upconversion or the lossless audio (I have a PS3 I am using for Bluray) are there any other major differences between the [email protected]? i would LOOOOVE to say $300 if I can... Please tell me this is a good buy! Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
you can get it cheaper on line( by a few bucks)....but its not a bad deal if it does all you want. the difference is the 1 hdmi input and a major revamp of the audessey calibration system.

·
Registered
30,169 Posts
the major difference is:

1909 has a 3rd HDMI input

1909 has new Audyssey Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume

1909 has analog > digital video conversion

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont need Upcoversion... I dont care about a 3rd HDMI input...

Is the New audyssy EQ and dynamic volume worth $300? Will this still sound good? Please I have tried the sony DG720 and it was very weak sounding.. is this better?

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
not worth 300....and certanly not woth double the price grab that thing before someone else does.

·
Registered
57 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tundrSQ /forum/post/15468693

not worth 300....and certanly not woth double the price grab that thing before someone else does.

Not trying to thread jack but what is it worth? How noticeable are these additional features?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts