AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to grab attention like this but can anyone familiar with BG 808s with HD-8 lenses, Would there be any advantage on new U.S. Precision P.T.-65 lenses over the H.D.-8 lenses in the B.G.808s now? thanks Jammer

·
Registered
4,801 Posts
Guys!

Not familiar with PT65 but they would have to be of more glass elements and have corner focus, or offer some very long or short throw to fit some unique situation, to be of some advantage for home use.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
The PT-65 lenses are old and if I am not wrong was used in the old Sony 1270 model. The HD-8 lenses are far better.

Per Johnny

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
What I wanna know is will lenses off a 12xx fit on a 10xx. They both use 7" tubes. I wish there was a chart to show which lenses can fit on which projectors and which are better.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
O.K. thanks John, I will go with what you said. Had a good deal on the lenses but if the H.D.-8 lenses are better I will stay with what I have, Jammer

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
the lenses on a Sony 12XX and the 10XX are not the same, and they dont have the same size tubes either.

The 1270 had PT43 colour corrected lenses. The 1271 and the 1252 had PT65 lenses.

the PT 65 lenses are supposedly better than PT43 but I have my doubts. I would think the Barco lenses are way better than the Sony ones.

The only better Sony lenses would be the ones from the 1271 as they had all glass elements I think.

Graham

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.