AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Does anyone know of a product that can solve my problem.

I have directv(hd) in the living room. I cant see it from the kitchen. I would like to put a 37" in the kitchen which shows whats playing on the living room. The sound from the living room is sufficient. is there a product that will do it?

thanks...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am sure the D* box has all the standard outputs plus one hdmi which is connected to the main tv. the location of the other tv would be about 30feet(wiring up the wall and the attic)

·
Registered
2,064 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by smolieri /forum/post/14231795

I am sure the D* box has all the standard outputs plus one hdmi which is connected to the main tv. the location of the other tv would be about 30feet(wiring up the wall and the attic)

If you want HDTV in both the kitchen and living room then (i) get a Gefen (or comparable) 1 in by 2 out HDMI splitter (ii) run a second HDMI cable to the kitchen and viola...you are done!

If you are concerned about the length of the run you can get a Gefen (or, once again, comprable) HDMI signal booster and all will end well...fwiw, this is what i do...

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
D*'s newer HD boxes output component and HDMI so you could skip the HDMI splitter and just run some mini-coax to the other TV. Bluejeans cable can make you one the length you need.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts