Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my situation:

I purchased an 18x24 dish, a Sony SAT-HD100, and was ready to have everything installed. I currently have a single LNB dish installed, and it works fine. As I stated in a previous post, I have trees in my back yard very close to my house - within 20 feet or so - that are quite tall (my satellite faces these trees). My normal DirecTv signal is coming in around 90+ on strength.

After I had a professional antenna installer come to set up my new dish, he could not receive a signal at all from the second satellite. It was zero. Then he set the dish up on a 10 foot mast above my chimney, and still nothing. So now I am back to my original setup.

Here is my dilemma: am I just flat out of luck? or is there a chance the dish settings were incorrect? should I try again with a different installer? Or just give up, and return everything and get my money back.

PLEASE let me know what you think. Thanks!!

Marc

·
Registered
241 Posts
Don't give up! Have another installer try various different locations around your house, roof, yard, etc. My first attempt to get all of the OTA DTV channels yielding 0% on CBS. Eventually I was successful. I also had no signal on 119 when I replaced my round dish. I had to move it about 10'. Good Luck! http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.