AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm looking for a satelite set-up for my townhouse. I have limited space on BOTH sides of the tv, approx 5" max. I was looking to spend about $1K, maybe a little more. The DT ProC800s are too big, so thats out of the question. I have looked @ the A Gallo A'divas, not Ti (can get them for $899, 5.1), DT ProC 600s, Paradigm Cinema110CT, BostnAc MCS130 (CCity has them for $499), Polk RM705, Mirage Prestige & would consider the Orbs 3-Mod2s, 2-singles. I would also need a sub then. I would use these mostly for watching DVD, not much music. Any suggestions? I have a CORNER SECTIONAL, with a wall against my back & on the right side. Left side is open to dinning room & kitchen is on the leftside of the tv when watching. The sofa is up against the wall so any rear mounted speakers will be over my head.

Can someone help me make a decision. I am open to much criticism. Unfortuantely, I have little room, my total SQ FT for the WHOLE T/H is less than 800.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Cant go wrong with the Def Tech's, you should also consider Mirage omni or nano sats. Heard a lot of good things about the Orbs. I've seen the Boston Acoustics as well but haven't heard them.

Kef 1000 to 3000 series, Monitor Audio Radius line and Klipsch Quintet III. Sunfire also has a new satellite series but i think it's $500 per speaker. Also B&W Mini theater series and PSB alpha and LR series are also worth a look which are also within your budget.

Ever thought about having in ceilings speakers for surrounds? but that requires you make a hole in your ceiling which some people would not want. You might also consider having bipole or tripole speakers because of your seating arrangement. If not, then regular front firing speakers would be just fine.

Seems like you already narrowed down your choices. Audition these speakers if you can. Magnolia in Bestbuy, 6th Ave and Electronics expo have most of these speakers. For a speaker that size...If you were to ask me i'd go with Def Techs over Paradigm, Polk or Boston acoustics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts