AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a solo baric kicker 12L7 that I want to throw in the car. It came with a cheap, crappy box that is already broken upon arrival.. I have a friend who has a CNC machine, and if I give him a drawout plan, or diagram or whatever you want to call it, he can cut it up in no time.. I assume I should use 3/4 inch MDF. Not sure if I should do sealed or ported... I most enjoy the lower bass notes, the ones you feel moreso than hear, if that helps at all.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Not sure if you need other info, but its going in an 08 impala, so there is plenty of room. I have the kicker 750.1 amp to power it and a 0 gauge subwoofer wiring kit.

Thanks in advance!

-Nick:

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
also, ive only built two other boxes before.. a set of 18" sealed daytons for the apartment. I was hoping to avoid the whole process this time and just have a decent box, but I guess you have to make it yourself to get that. I used no screws last time, but I don't want to be working on this as long as I worked on those. I want to get a box built and be done in a day, or two if possible.

Thanks again

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im thinking sealed.. anyone at all know a quality build for one?? The easier, the better..

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have experience with Kicker's and id say you would want to go with a ported box . Try something like this , but have the port extend longer by extending the inside wall towards the left

1 - 4 of 4 Posts