AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Infocus 4805 at my buddies bar took a dump.

We tried to replace the fan ourselves but cannot get a direct replacement in time. We also can't send it to Infocus because he needs something up and running ASAP.

So we need to buy a new projector.

Option 1 is to buy another 4805 since he will then have a spare bulb.

Option 2 is to buy another unit possibly HD.

I don't understand the whole don't talk about pricing thing but he is looking around 750 +/- 250.

This is going to be in a bar, 100" screen, dimly lit and never used during the day, only at night. I'd guestimate the projector is about 15' from the screen.

He has a HD Dish box now and would like to move upto HD if the price was right. Obviously stunning visual PQ is not the utmost importance. Hockey, Basketball, Football, sports, fast moving action are whats important.

If you think your projector looks much better after a beer or two and was cheap, thats the ticket

I have zero idea's about projectors but if you could post some models I'd appreciate it.

I have no idea what kind of screen he has and neither does he, its white and 100" in size

Thanks!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Some options for that price range.

mits 1000u-HD machine,brightest of the three most color accurate out of the box

optoma hd70-good HD machine with good contrast.

infocus in72-854-480 resolution, still very good unit. can be found hundreds lower than first two online.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks...does the Mitsu also do 4:3?

Their screen is 4:3 and going to a 16:9 might not work in its current location. Thats an added expense they may take on at a later date but it would have to be dual purpose.

Wow the Infocus is cheap...how does that model compare to his current 4805? Are the bulbs interchangeable?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.