AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I was looking to buy a HDTV, but i have no idea what to really look for. I want it mainly for video games, and i am not sure if certain tv models proved themselves better for video games or not. I would appreciate it greatly if you all can recommend a tv that would be best for video games, preferably 32 inches and less than $1500. BTW, my room is usually dark, and i dont plan to use it as a computer monitor; not sure if that info is needed but i saw it asked in a different thread.

Thanks,

Ochuman

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
You can have Samsung LN40A650 for less than your budget from amazon so I would definitely consider that.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Like taurus said, with a $1500 budget you can get a lot bigger tv than a 32". The Samsung LN46A650 is a little out of your price range, but the LN46A550 is a little below your budget. The Sharp Aquos LC42D64U, Samsung LN40A650, Sony Bravia KDL-40V3000, Samsung LNT4071F, Samsung LNT4069FX, and the Sony Bravia KDL-40W3000 are all good choices in your price range.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the recommendations. 40 inches might be too big for my room, i am not sure yet, but i will research the models you guys sent me and see if it will be a good fit. I would be sitting about 12 feet away from the tv. Thanks again.

·
Registered
605 Posts
12' away is not ideal for anything smaller than 40 and even thats cutting it close. Especially since you will be playing games. Get the Samsung A550/A650 and go with the biggest one you can afford. Shop online for good prices.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Just letting you know, if you really don't want anything bigger than 32 inches, just get the 32 inch variation of the TV's suggested to you. For example, I personally would go with the Samsung LN32A550, it's $900 online and it is basically what you are looking for. The 40 inch model is a little better and it's under $1500. The 650 series has a "Touch of Red Color" bezel that may or may not turn you off from the set.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Biggest thing to look for is response time. I know a couple people that complain about lag with the A650, and my buddy gets a little lag with his A750. It really isn't noticable to some, yet substantially noticable to others. Everyone has varying differences regarding to sensitivty to it. As far as picture quality is concerned, both Samsungs are phenomonial. The A650 has better blacks and even more accurate color than its 5 series counterpart. From my understanding, the 550 has a 5ms response time, and the 650 has 6.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts