AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've run into my first problem with my Hitachi 5500. I want to take advantage of the two RBG inputs. I have been running my Dish 6000 and AccessDTV at 1080i, component. I've tried hooking both to the 5500 RGB ports and specifying 1080i, RGB. In both cases, a 4:3 image which should have the vertical black bars on the sides is stretched out to fill the 16:9 screen. The bars are there as they should be fine in component mode. I can also overcome the problem by setting the 6000 and the AccessDTV to 720p, RGB, but I'd rather not do that.

Any ideas?

Chuck Davis

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Vas - Yes, I tried all three. When viewing a station that is not broadcasting HD 16:9, just digital, 4:3, there should be black vertical bars regardless of the aspect ratio setting. They're missing with 1080i, RGB and there with all other resolutions and component. I've got a call into Projector People. They're trying to contact Hitachi. Is there any 5500 owner out there with AccessDTV or a Dish 6000 who has 1080i, RGB working properly?

Chuck Davis

·
Registered
120 Posts
Chuck

I have a Dish 6000 and 1080i and RGB works fine. Make sure you have selected 16:9 on the Dish 6000 HDTV setup menu.

vas

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.