AVS Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys

Can anyone help me out with the correct config for Allegro NFS to run the lim?...was/am using HaneWinNFS but wanted to take a look at the performance of this one...

Here is what I've done:

Start the Allegro Config program.

Under Export tab,

-select NEW for name

- from this, select what directory I want to share. then give this shared directory a name, /share

-Under User lists tab,

- Select NEW

- enter share

-used the pull down window and selected the user name I just created.

- under new user ID, enter any number .. I choose 9999

-under host lists tab.

- Select NEW

- enter Lim

-use the pull down window and select the user name you just created.

- under new address, entered the ip address of my Lim. 192.166.1.xx

Under Global tab.

-port mapper = auto

go back to exports tab.

-under name, useed pull down and select the name I made for the share.

On the right side, selected with left button on mouse all the listed items.. Made sure all are blue..

On my lim, set static IP as used above, and under NFS, used my computer ip:/share

It looks like the lim can see the computer, because at the top of the Lim screen, it shows my computer name, but when it try to browse the NFS, I just get a blank screen.

Any ideas?

Cheers in advance

K

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
UPDATE:

I've now got it working, of a sorts. I can browse all of my shares now on the Lim, but when I try to play any of them, it just hangs.....any thoughts?

K

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
I don't think the NFS server is the problem here and you aren't likely to see any significant differences in performance even if you do get it working. You stopped and disabled the haneWIN service before starting Allegro, right?

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Fontana /forum/post/14249536

I don't think the NFS server is the problem here and you aren't likely to see any significant differences in performance even if you do get it working. You stopped and disabled the haneWIN service before starting Allegro, right?

Hi Mark, yes - I stopped hanewin etc. Anyway, I gave up on Allegro, so I'll stick with hanewin.

Cheers for the suggestion tho.

K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts