AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So currently I have an entirely Klipsch system: RF-62 fronts, RS-42 surrounds, RW-12d sub and a Synergy C-1 center. I'm wanting to upgrade my center because the C-1 just can't hang with the power and volume of the 62's.

I've been set on upgrading to the RC-52II but now I am wondering if i should get the Def Tech CS8040HD because I'm loving the idea of having a passive radiator for some nice low end. BUT there are several things holding back my decision.

Firstly, I'm concerned that I'll have a similar problem in the 8040 as far as power considering it has 2 4 1/2 woofers, whereas the RC52 has 5 1/2 woofers.

Also, I like the idea of having a matching system (one thing that has been bugging me about the C-1 is that it has a different color scheme and doesn't blend too well with the gold of the reference speakers). However performance is second to this.

It'll cost me about $75 more to get the 8040 so that's the main dilemma. It seems that considering my system is entirely Klipsch I should just get the RC52 but I'm looking for some input! So please, any info is much appreciated!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyrob425 /forum/post/19631301

Keep in the same speaker line so you timbre match.

The Klipsch RC-62 Center Channel Speaker would be the best but the RC52 will do the trick for you as well

Yeah the more I think about the more I think that's the best way to go. So the 8040 just won't blend well? I can imagine the horn tweeter vs the dome tweeter would throw the sound off balance.

·
Registered
7,003 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUfan77 /forum/post/19631453

Yeah the more I think about the more I think that's the best way to go. So the 8040 just won't blend well? I can imagine the horn tweeter vs the dome tweeter would throw the sound off balance.

It could possibly blend well but I know for sure the RC62 or RC52 will easily blend. Your ears may not hear a difference but its not worth the rish

And if you are running a 80hz crossover the sub will take care of the bass

·
Registered
19,804 Posts
Klipsch and Definitive

They throw a different sound pattern - most important you want

your front speakers to voice (timbre) match. You do not want to

mess with the front stage - you want the sound plane to be even

from left to right and right to left. You want the dimensional stage

to balance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.