Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No signal from 61.5 at all.

I recently had a dish 6000 + 8VSB installed and everything was working fine until last night.

- I was trying to watch the show / HBO HD and the signal kept breaking up every minute. The weather was fine and sunny. The OTA DT channels were coming in fine.

This has never happened before but I decided to turn it off and wait till this morning to see if it fixes itself.

- This morning I turned on the dish 6000 and got NO SIGNAL at all. The OTA channels were still coming fine.

The dish and cabling have not moved. There has been no rain or anything else, just very hot. I tried rebooting, removing smart card, unplugging. Nothing works.

What could be the reason? Any ideas?

------------------

Eram

·
Banned
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ensyed:
No signal from 61.5 at all.

I recently had a dish 6000 + 8VSB installed and everything was working fine until last night.

- I was trying to watch the show / HBO HD and the signal kept breaking up every minute. The weather was fine and sunny. The OTA DT channels were coming in fine.

This has never happened before but I decided to turn it off and wait till this morning to see if it fixes itself.

- This morning I turned on the dish 6000 and got NO SIGNAL at all. The OTA channels were still coming fine.

The dish and cabling have not moved. There has been no rain or anything else, just very hot. I tried rebooting, removing smart card, unplugging. Nothing works.

What could be the reason? Any ideas?

Well ... Why dont you call your great Sears salesman "J.J." in California that you remarked about last month when you enticed him to sell you one without any contract commitment. Im sure he can evaluate and quickly tell you what the problem is.

Generally speaking, going with the flow and purchasing over the net with a reputable and technically knowledgeable independent dealer is the best way to go.

If one has to sign a one year commitment form for the great service, pricing and knowledge that most net dealers offer, that is quite a reasonable swap.

Frapp -

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for being sarcastic.

I already called Dish and they are sending someone over on Monday (free of charge) to fix the problem. I just wanted to see if I could do some trouble shooting myself. That's what this forum is for to provide friendly help!!!

------------------

Eram

·
Banned
31 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by ensyed:
Thanks for being sarcastic.

I already called Dish and they are sending someone over on Monday (free of charge) to fix the problem. I just wanted to see if I could do some trouble shooting myself. That's what this forum is for to provide friendly help!!!

A Dish Network technician, "you gonna love that", days of missed appointments and very unknowledgeable people.

Frapp -

P.S. I did not mean to be sarcastic in my first post, but maybe just a little on this one ... just a little though...

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Try unplugging the power and pulling the smart card. That's probably the first thing the Dish tech guy will do.

-Robert

·
Registered
290 Posts
When you go to set up--what's your signal strength. You may need to move your dish. It's a pretty strong signal and reasl easy to dial in.

------------------

"H" Hord "Savor the Moment"

B&K AVR 307

Toshiba 9200 DVD Player

Def Tech BP2000TL Mains

Def Tech C/L/R3000 Center

Def Tech BP2004TL Sides

Def Tech Pro 200 Rears

Dish Echo Star 6000 HD

Pioneer Elite 64" RPTV

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all your suggestions.

It turns out there were two problems.

1) I am using a flat cable to pass the cable from the balcony to the living room. It died.

2) The dish is in a bucket w/ pole contraption. There was a thunderstorm and during the night it fell on its side. I am going to use a nylon rope to tie the pole to the railing of the balcony so it cant topple over again.

After i fixed both of these the signal went back up to 80.

------------------

Eram

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Robert. I already tried that. I am also going to check the cabling

(someone else on another forum mentioned they ran into a similar problem and it was a defective cable)

It will not be a Dish technician but a local installer. Maybe the same one who did the installation. I know the days of missed apts are a problem but if I cant fix this myself I dont have a choice.

Any suggestions are welcome.

------------------

Eram

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.