AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
JVC RS4910 PJ, Pioneer SC-1523K AVR,AT Falcon Screen,3 x1099's,4 x Volt 10's,iNuke+ 2xDA RS Subs
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Falcon AT screen that is pulled into place on the frame by rubber o-rings. Over the years in the dry air of Colorado, they have begun to crack and break. I moved the screen recently and one of the metal corner 'things' busted and I had a number of the rubber o-rings snap.

I am struggling to find how I can replace these items, so any help is massively appreciated.

Below is an image of the metal 'thing' and one of the rubber rings

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Falcon's out of business right? In that case for the O rings I would determine the diameter and search on Amazon. They have kits with assortment of many sizes. I'd get one of those. You'll need to experiment to find one that provides the right tension, it may be larger or smaller than the original ones.

The metal piece is a bigger problem since it looks custom made. I think the best thing to do is to try to repair it if you can. You didn't mention what happened to it, but if it snapped or something broke off there are 2 part epoxy glues made for strong metal to metal bonding. I would start with that. Not sure if the repair will be strong enough but worth a shot. Otherwise you'd probably need to find that exact part somewhere.

That's all I've got. Good luck!

·
Registered
JVC RS4910 PJ, Pioneer SC-1523K AVR,AT Falcon Screen,3 x1099's,4 x Volt 10's,iNuke+ 2xDA RS Subs
593 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Falcon's out of business right? In that case for the O rings I would determine the diameter and search on Amazon. They have kits with assortment of many sizes. I'd get one of those. You'll need to experiment to find one that provides the right tension, it may be larger or smaller than the original ones.

The metal piece is a bigger problem since it looks custom made. I think the best thing to do is to try to repair it if you can. You didn't mention what happened to it, but if it snapped or something broke off there are 2 part epoxy glues made for strong metal to metal bonding. I would start with that. Not sure if the repair will be strong enough but worth a shot. Otherwise you'd probably need to find that exact part somewhere.

That's all I've got. Good luck!
Hey thanks for the reply. I was hoping there may be some parts out there but it sounds like that may prove tough. I did see the rings on Amazon but they looked thick. I suppose I need to just order and try them out.
rhe epoxy is worth a shot. Maybe they are out there somewhere.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts