AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is apparent that the latest firmware still has its ample share of HDMI and DVI handshake issues. In order to further investigate the problem, we need your help capturing some logs for the handshake process. If you encounter any handshake issue please help us by installing this firmware:

http://128.242.116.6/download/UPG20090107QC.zip

This is the same version as 0105-V2 with additional logging for HDMI handshake. Once it is installed, please insert a USB drive (without the firmware file) to the player. Immediately after you encounter a handshake issue, please press "SETUP" - "7" - "8" - "9" - "6" on the remote and the player will save a log file to the USB drive.

Please email me the log file along with a brief description of the handshake problem and what downstream devices you use. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
22,521 Posts
Since the log file is fairly large:

Does the log append itself with each time the save command is sent, or does it over-write itself?

the file I sent you was saved after one "play" and one "stop" of a DVD. So the question is whether it's of any use to keep going with say more than one disc and then save? Or save multiple times?

Should the player be power cycled at any time to clear the log?

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The log will grow to as big as 2MB in size before older entries start to get purged out. The key is to capture the log right after a handshake problem so we can easily locate where the problem is.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I will keep a close eye out for this. I have been fortunate not have any HDMI handshaking issues for a while, which is interesting, because early on I was plagued with them between my Onkyo 905 and Sharp display.

Is it better to leave CEC on or off for this or does it not matter?

·
Registered
11,085 Posts
In my setup the image goes green for 5~7 seconds (If I have the Info displayed through the VP50 "HDCP" is no longer listed after the Input name) then comes back.

I'll try to remember to bring a USB drive home with me tonight so I can capture a log file.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by facesnorth /forum/post/15495770

I will keep a close eye out for this. I have been fortunate not have any HDMI handshaking issues for a while, which is interesting, because early on I was plagued with them between my Onkyo 905 and Sharp display.

Is it better to leave CEC on or off for this or does it not matter?

I been using CEC on. I'm trying to reproduce what i ran into day before so I can create a log file. The HDMI handshaking issue is somewhat random related to power up it seems, appears to more evident when your AV sync is messing up like pausing the video and getting a pronounced audio drop out immediately.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We have a new "Quick Check" version based on the 0105 firmware. It should reduce the time required for each HDMI handshake, although a new handshake is still needed whenever the source or output resolution changes. Please download and try if you encounter lengthy HDMI handshakes:

http://128.242.116.6/download/UPG20090112QC.zip

·
Registered
22,521 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OPPO User /forum/post/15537895

We have a new "Quick Check" version based on the 0105 firmware. It should reduce the time required for each HDMI handshake, although a new handshake is still needed whenever the source or output resolution changes. Please download and try if you encounter lengthy HDMI handshakes:

Do you still want log files sent if the problem persists?

Edit: Yahoo! This is a winner! Handshake time is cut in half and no more "flashing". I'll keep this one.

·
Registered
7,173 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdgrimes /forum/post/15538919

Do you still want log files sent if the problem persists?

Edit: Yahoo! This is a winner! Handshake time is cut in half and no more "flashing". I'll keep this one.

Yep got BDP83-QC-0112-V2 installed now, will check it out.

Testing Serenity BR but sync look/sounds good so far. (bitstream-DTS-HD MA, AUTO res with 1080P/24 ON) Note: Reset to defaults, then configured settings.

Update: I only noticed very brief audio dropouts randomly a few times throughout the movie.

·
Oppo Beta Group
12,242 Posts
Kung Fu Panda took about 8 seconds to complete the handshake down about 4. Part of that is likely caused by the Onkyo Pro 885 which is finicky.

Although, I am fairly certain it was better in earlier versions.

Played about the same with an occasional stutter both in video and audio.

- Rich

·
Registered
22,521 Posts
In addition to the handshake times being cut in half, I also note that the video and audio come on differently. The audio comes on first now, where it used to come on last. So maybe my Yamaha and the -83 are playing nicer together. I'd say that right now, the handshaking is more or less the same as it was before these issues started back in December.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts