1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

OK.. Obviously I did something wrong.

I installed the hipix card in my pc running windows 98 se

turned on the computer and it found a new pci multimedia device. I direct the computer to locate a driver on the cr-rom that came with the Hipix. A message came back that no driver could be found. ANd I had a choice of clicking finish or cancel I chose cancel. And planed to restart trying again.

BUt when my computer booted back up, it won't load windows. So I rebooted again and it wouldn't load windows in safe mode either. It just stops in the middle in all cases.

So I took out the card, knowing it probably wouldn't help but decided to anyway. And of course it makes no difference.

OK I probably did somethiing really stupid so be gentle -- please.

At this point I guess I'll have to try booting from floopy and reinstalling windows..

assuming I get my computer back up and running. I'll reinstall the card.

Ok then what do i do?

:( tony

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Tony,

I didn't want your post to slip away. It has been awhile since I installed the cards, so take what I say with a grain of salt, and others, please correct me if I am wrong.

I do not think that the up to date drivers/software are on the CD rom. I believe that you need to download the version 2.3 software and drivers. There should be a link on the digital connection site.

I installed a card with the original drivers back when they first came out (last Xmas), and I remember some instructions in the PDF manual about not allowing the software to install a certain driver if it asked for it, but to redirect it to another directory, or tell it not to load that one, or something like that.

Hopefully, with the 2.3 version software, you will not experience the problems. There are also many upgrades and fixes. Signal strength meter is just one. Buttons to jump ahead/back in increments of ~15 sec or ~1 minute is another.

I may be wrong, but the only thing that I would use the CD rom for, would be to get the manual. Then again, I would probably download that, too.

We have been teased with version 2.4 of the HiPix software for awhile. I got my second card in July, I think. I heard about the 2.4 software's pending release and waited a day or two for it, then installed version 2.3. I am glad I did not wait any longer. :)

For the record, I am very happy with Telemann's updates of the software and am patiently waiting for 2.4 to meet their reliability standards. Version 2.3 is working just fine for me. I do admit to checking every day to see if it is released.

I have also found that reinstalling windows over itself *can be* quick and rather painless, so you might want to try that before fdisking and reinstalling everything.

YMMV. Good Luck.

Best Regards,

Doug

·
Registered
619 Posts
I had a similar problem with Windows 2K.

One of the things you MUST do is install the DirectX 8 that's available at the Telemann download site before you install the drivers and other software. Ensure you also get the current version and and proper drivers for your version of Windows.

www.telemann.com

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.