5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an old (1980's) Yamaha AV rack system

Amp = AV-34
EQ = GE-30
Dual Caseette (KE-30)
Tuner (t-32)
Include 2 awesome tower speakers and a couple of marginal "surround" sound speakers...more like box shelf style...

No manuals with unit (was an Uncle's who gifted gave it to me).

I can' figure out the cable connections for the EQ and Cassette system. Most components are easy to connect ./ labeled on back of the AV-34
but i think the EQ and Cassette introduce some curious way to cross wire those. Haven't come across the right combination / which plugs to connect.

I think EQ goes to Cassette then cassette to AV but not sure.

Appreciate any help as I can't find any manauls except AV-34 and it doesn't have any wiring diagrams.

Thanks,
REM in texas

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
You could hook up the source equipment (tuner & cassette deck) directly to the amp and the amp to your speakers. If you prefer to EQ the sources however, connect them to the Tape-1 and Tape-2 inputs on the GE-30, then connect the Line Out on that to one of the inputs on the amp. If you go with the first option, you'll need to select your source using the buttons on the amp. If you want to use the equalizer, then you'll select the source using the Tape Monitor buttons on the GE-30.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You could hook up the source equipment (tuner & cassette deck) directly to the amp and the amp to your speakers. If you prefer to EQ the sources however, connect them to the Tape-1 and Tape-2 inputs on the GE-30, then connect the Line Out on that to one of the inputs on the amp. If you go with the first option, you'll need to select your source using the buttons on the amp. If you want to use the equalizer, then you'll select the source using the Tape Monitor buttons on the GE-30.
thanks, will give it a shot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts