AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently inherited a Dell 4300 (1.6Gig, 256Meg, Radeon 9500). I had a Delta M-Audio card lying around that I put into it and moved it downstairs to plug into my KLW-9000 Sony 50" LCD Monitor. Here's my problem, I've having a HELL of a time getting the 9500 & Zoom Player (4.51) to work well with my monitor.

Back in the day I had a G400Max and I had no problems getting either 1280x720 or the lower res (forget the one) to work at 72hz. Now with this damn Radeon it refuses to work. I have the most recent 5.8 drivers and have tried both Powerstrip and the CCC. Any ideas?

As for ZP, well I downloaded DScaler 5 and have that as both the audio and video. Problem is on slow scenes I see a VERY noticable shuddering of the image. Like in Dune (Sci-Fi version) 1.25 hours into it there's a scene where a Fremen moves slowly from the right side of the screen to the left. He shudders or shimmers. Yet this doesn't happen on my laptop with PowerDVD. Any ideas how to fix this? Is it a ZP issue or the fact that this Radeon card isn't working well with the KLW-9000?

Thanks in advance for any help people can give.

Jonathan

P.S. I also installed ffdshow 8-03-2005 from afterdawn. Yet I don't see ffdshow coming up as an option on video. Shouldn't it be there?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
*bump* Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :p

Actually it appears that the Dscaler 5 is the problem with the shimmering since it's also doing it on my laptop. I am still having issues adding 72hz resolutions though, and I'd like to be able to use ZP in some fashion or another. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Dscaler is not the problem. It's your slow/obsolete PC. Sorry, but that's the truth. If you want to upscale and make your DVD's look Hidef, you will need at least a 3Ghz or equivalent CPU w/ fast RAM IMHO. So for now, stick w/ Power DVD.

What do you mean your Radeon refuses to work?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by miketech
Dscaler is not the problem. It's your slow/obsolete PC. Sorry, but that's the truth. If you want to upscale and make your DVD's look Hidef, you will need at least a 3Ghz or equivalent CPU w/ fast RAM
Hah, thanks for being so blunt about it! :p That's actually what I figured fiddling with ZP and reading the forums. Ah well, Power DVD it is for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketech
What do you mean your Radeon refuses to work?
I can't get it to goto 72hz in a widescreen mode like 1280x720. It freaks. I'm positive I could do it fine with my G400Max way back in the day. I'll just settle for PowerDVD for now and in the future if I ever buy a new machine, move to ZP, Dscaler, etc. Thanks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.