Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI all,

My DVI connection does NOT work at all. I get a blue screen saying "No input signal". Nview does not detect projector at all!

It has been a long process of trying different drivers for my video card. Its a Nvidia Gforce4 Ti4200 and before a Gforce3 Ti500, both by Leadtek. I have tried 30.82 - 41.04 - 40.72 - 41.09 and also the drivers from Leadtek.

I tried two DVI-D cables by Belkin. One is single, the other is dual link.

I know it is not the projector fault as it has just came back from warrante, and they confirm there is nothing wrong with it.

Please help, it is getting on my wits end. And I dont want to spend anymore money on this.

Today I have used the (DVI to VGA) adaptor to connect - (Computer to Projector). It work flawlessly.

This lead me to believe the problem occurs with my DVI-D cable. In the projector manual it states it is campatible with DVI-D, which is want Ive got.

I am lost.

Spec are:-

Epson EMP-TS10

Belkin DVI-D male to male single/dual link cable

Leadtek Gforce4 Ti4200 with My VIVO

AlthonXP 1800

ASUS Nforce2 motherboard

Ken

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
I had a similar problem when I switched from using the DVI to VGA (I know, opposite of your problem), it said no signal when I fired up my PC and had it connected to my set. This is what I did, connected it back up like I had it so that I could see the screen, uninstall the video drivers, shut down the computer(not reboot), change the cable to VGA(you would switch to the DVI cable), power up the computer, this time you will see the desktop and it will prompt you for the drivers, do a normal driver install and reboot. IF this method does not work, there probably is a problem with your video card.

Good Luck,

Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do You Think this is a Nvidia Problem? As I have tried it on both Leadtek Gforce3 Ti500 and Gforce4 Ti4200.

Will this affect TFT LCD Screens using DVI. I maybe planning on getting one of these,

Hitachi CML174SXWB 17" TFT Monitor

How about ATI cards. Do they fare better with their DVI Dual screen?

The projector will be the temp. second screen.

Many Thanks

Ken

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
This may sound stupid, but are turning on the PC first or the display device? I have noticed that the display has to be turned on first for the video card to detect which signal it needs to send out

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I tried both methods, both say no signal detected.

Is this a windowXP problem? Because with VGA I get no problems at all using the DVI to VGA adaptor. In the windows Display Properties Settings it detect the second display with no problem.

With DVI it does not detect it. I am beginning to think WindowXP has some DVI drivers missing.

I might try reinstalling the OS again with the Projector connected and turned ON.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.