AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got weak antenna strength, I've tried working out my antenna and nothing. Just kidding.

I've purchased a Channel Master Titan 7777 and was hoping to use that in my current setup to boost the UHF signal. The other equipment in the chain includes an antenna, and a 5x4 multiswitch. The Multiswitch is by Aspen Eagel and it's got 5 inputs, one being a UHF line in. This Multiswitch is powered and serves the function of a diplexer.

Here's the problem, the Titan has two parts, one that goes near the antenna, and the other safe inside away from the extreem california weather. The setup for the titan looks like this antenna->outside amp->cable inside-> power supply-> tv. It seems to me that the titan is trying to send power to the outdoor amp, and the multiswitch is trying to power the signal coming in. This would be the setup with the multiswitch...

http://members.aol.com/JeffDavies/Media/ant.jpg

So, how stupid is it to combine these two powered items and in this configuration? It seems there will be power coming from the receiver, Titan Power and multiswitch. I know very little about electrical properties for any of these, except that the DSS receiver does put power on the line.

Thanks for any and all help/advice.

[This message has been edited by Jeff D (edited 06-29-2001).]

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the exact setup. The only difference is I'm using the Cm Titan 7775. Install the power supply feed of the Titan 7777 antenna to the antenna in of the Eagle Aspen 4140. The job of the multiswitch is to spread the signals accordingly. Then use the dc-pass diplexer to seperate satellite and uhf/vhf signals to the stb box. Do not put the antenna power supply after the multiswitch cause it wouldn't work. You will loose sat signals. I've tried it and it doesnot work. http://www.geocities.com/Peterd90745/MySatOtapage.html

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Peter, your setup is the same as my new (and fancy) picture? So I should put the power from the CM power to the diplexed line coming from the multiswitch? Is that how you have it?

Thanks!

·
Registered
136 Posts
I installed the power supply feed of the titan amp before the multiswitch. So power supply coax cable out to the EAGLE ASPEN antenna in.

: O )

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hey Jeff, I think we spoke before and I was the one who told you where to order the Eagle Aspen. heheheh what a small world !

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
136 Posts
connect the power supply feed of the titan to the antenna in

of the multiswitch.

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
136 Posts
Do you want me to email you a picture of the multiswitch and power supply set up? Let me know.

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
136 Posts
Jeff,

Your diagram is wrong. It should be like this, antenna to

preamp then preamp to ant power supply then power supply to the ant in multiswitch then multiswitch coax to diplexer, then diplexer to sat box.

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
8,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks peter, my concern is mounting the power outside (I don't want to run it inside then outside. So I think I'll just put it under the over hang that has the multisitch and power supply. The california weather isn't bad, so I think I'm safe. (famous last words)

·
Registered
136 Posts
Okidoki, as for my setup, I installed my multiswitch up in my attic together with my ant power supply and antenna rotator electric box. The only thing that's out is the antenna pre-amp.

------------------

PeterDz

·
Registered
136 Posts
Before I forget, just make sure the ant power supply electrical plug is protected from rain or anything that could cause a short.

------------------

PeterDz

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.