AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've waited about a week before asking to give myself time to read through posts and test some things on my own. It has become a lot more clear over the last week, but I am still confused exactly how to go about doing some of the things I want to do.

First off:

I have DSL service but my DSL comes with only a USB modem (no way to connect a router/hub directly) My ISP will provide me with the needed router for home networking....but for $60 extra a month. Not gonna happen.

I have been able to share my DSL connection for updates by hooking a CAT5 directly from the 5040 to my PC and sharing it. It works flawlessly so far but I cannot figure out how exactly to "see" the ReplayTV or any files within via the network.

I have tried several versions of ReplayPC and manually entered the RTV's IP but nothing ever is displayed. Does anyone have an idea of which software I should be using to try to retrieve the movie files from my RTV to put on my PC?

Secondly, Would it just be easier to take the hard drive out of the RTV and hook it directly to my PC? If so, would I still need any software or would I be able to see the mpgs available?

I am well set up for this if it would be any easier.

My specs:

XP Pro

Pentium4 2.53Ghz-533Mhz FSB

3000 MB DDR-333Mhz RAM

about 600GB ATA-133 of HDs including an external hot-swappable IDE bay (to use spare HD or CD-RW/DVD+RW when needed)

Any and all help is appreciated.

·
Registered
482 Posts
are you just trying to download files from it? Also with the replaypc versions... have you made sure your system clock is in sync with the replay clock?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by airedale
are you just trying to download files from it? Also with the replaypc versions... have you made sure your system clock is in sync with the replay clock?
Yes, Really all I want to do is copy my Movies/Shows to my hard drive so that I can burn it to DVD later on. I can then delete the original on the Replay unit to free up space.

System Clock- No I hadn't! I have seen that mentioned several times but had forgotten about it. Let me see if I can do that and get different results

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.