AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason my DENON 3300 receivers remote doesn't recognize the command SYSTEM STARTUP. So I can't get into the DIGITAL INPUTS screen and change my settings for inputs or speakers etc.

Other buttons do work like ON/OFF, changing Surround Formats (DIRECT/HALL etc..) STATUS etc.

If anyone has a DENON reciever, what am I doing wrong? Doesn't the SYSTEM STARTUP screen come up easily usually?

Don't know if my remote has gone wacky or I mistakenly hit something that has disabled that function.

I checked the batteries/ played with the damn thing for hours/ even re-vitalized the microprosessor on the 3300 to go back to DEFAULT settings hoping the remote would go back to recognizing SYSTEM STARTUP/

Any ideas?

videoking

·
Registered
45 Posts
Try this if you haven't already.

Make sure you have a video cable running from monitor out on the receiver to the input on the tv. Put your TV onto that video input channel.

Switch your remote to the receiver mode. I forget which remote you have, but if it is the long LCD screen one, similar to todays 3802, then put it into AMP mode and press the "Setup" button on the remote near the top. If you have the grey-colored remote, with the panel that swings open, then put all switches into the left most position, open the door and press the "Setup" button that is above the left arrow key.

You should then get the menu setup display on the TV. You can then adjust settings as you wish.

Hopefully this does what you want.

Matt

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Denon 3300 uses the RC-860 remote. It has the swing peice of plastic that hides the MENU buttons.

I haven't changed the video cabling and every thing worked fine until the other day when I noticed I was unable to get the SYSTEM STARTUP screen up to get to the DIGITAL INPUTS screen.

I've moved the switches every way but Sunday and just can't get that screen up.

Because I have a RP91, now I'm forced to watch my DVDS in analog 6 channel EXT IN sound. Because my 3300 doesn't recognize the COAXIAL connection. It thinks I'm using an OPTICAL 1 connection.

Its a weird problem for sure.

Don't think its the receiver, is it possible to get another RC-860 out of DENON?

videoking

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks MattyD!

I re-checked my video connection from the TV to the 3300 and the cable had become weakened due to the twisting and bending needed to fit all the cables into the 3300.

When I pulled the video cable out the coupling broke apart in my hand. I use some spare cabling I had lying around and viola! The SYSTEM SETUP screen appeared and I could then correct the DIGITAL INPUT screen to COAXIAL.

Thanks Matt and everybody who got me thinking!

videoking

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.