AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I have an 805 (I have had it for about a year and a half), here is my setup, and then the problem.

Sources:

Xbox360, connected via HDMI

XA2, connected via HDMI

BD30, connected via HDMI

DirecTV, conected via Component

Projector connected via single HDMI out.

I had been running a Panny AE900, and so had everything set on 720p.

Tonight I switched out to a Optoma HD71 (also 720p), and now I have a problem in the setup somehow.

I kind of thought just swap the projectors, but noooooo...

Now, the Xbox (720p) and the DirecTV (variable based on channel, but including 720p) are fine. However, the XA2 and BD30 are no good. Neither is watchable. The BD30 is visible, but very fuzzy, and the XA2 is barely visible and a rainbow of colors.

To test, I ran the HDMI direct to the HD71 from each component, and the picture looks great. The issue only comes up now when the signal is going through the 805.

I'm confused on this one. I changed no settings, but now it seems that the way the 805 is sending the signal via HDMI to the HD71 is causing problems, but only with the XA2 and BD30. Bypassing the 805 and connecting direct and all is fine. Considering I thought the 805 was supposed to do a straight pass through, this is confusing.

I really don't want to add an HDMI switch, bypass the 805, configure additional cables and connections for audio, etc...

So, 805 gurus, thoughts on what to check or change to correct this?

PS - Sorry for the double post, I put this in the 650 page 805 thread as well.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
Was it just coincidence or was it fate that your 805 broke down on your 666th post in AVS

All joking aside, other than playing around with the source setup for awhile I'd probably get out a pen and paper and start writing down my settings so when I do a system reset it's much faster getting things going again

·
Premium Member
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielson99 /forum/post/16966787

Was it just coincidence or was it fate that your 805 broke down on your 666th post in AVS

All joking aside, other than playing around with the source setup for awhile I'd probably get out a pen and paper and start writing down my settings so when I do a system reset it's much faster getting things going again

I didn't notice that post number, that was probably the reason. :)

I spent a few hours on it last night, and an hour with Onkyo on the phone earlier in the afternoon. They were confused. I rewired everything to use component versus HDMI, and the pic is awesome. There is a tiny bug that somehow my config happened to bring up. I'm not thrilled to switch over to component, but it is a workaround for now...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.