AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I have been going through fits with my HX2U. First of all, the installer did not do a great job sizing my screen so that there is a TON of picture I am missing. Then I went into the menu today and found this setting for "Horz. Dist Display" because my 4:3 content didn't look centered and now I find that the image itself is so offset I am lacking about 4" on one side!

The manual is absolutely HORRIBLE. It doesn't describe what Horz. Dist Display should do, why you would use it, etc. Should you size a screen starting at ZERO on all of those values and just tweaking if you need to get rid of lines?

Why is the manual so crappy?

·
Registered
27,189 Posts
Get your installer back. I assume you are paying (or have paid him).

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, and I've been waiting for an opening in the schedule for a while now. At this point, I'd like to learn to do it myself instead of waiting as I have a few movie nights coming up with friends. If the manual had any depth to it, i might be able to figure this out.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
does anyone know what those settings should be at default? where do I start with them, and what do they do, since the manual isn't doing it and it appears my installer won't be here for quite some time...

·
Premium Member
7,240 Posts
I know wm is super busy these days but he may have the answer.

TM

·
Premium Member
16,963 Posts
There are plenty of people here with this projector who should be able to help..come on guys where are you.

Im going to change your thread title in hopes it will get better results.

·
Registered
35 Posts
rickeame,

I got an "installation CD" that came with my HX2. I haven't looked at it yet, but I'm guessing that contains the missing pages in the manual that refer to installation.

Drop me a PM, and I'll get you a copy of the CD. That may give you the info that you need.

Tim

·
Registered
353 Posts
From the manual at www.jvcdig.com describing the Quick Alignment button on the remote:

Quote:
Notes

• The Quick Alignment function only works when computer signals are input into either the [PC1] or [PC2] input terminal.

• It does not work when signals are input via a [VIDEO IN] terminal (The [VIDEO] or [Y/C] input terminal).

• When input signal from [PC3] input terminal is received, “QUICK

ALIGN...†is displayed but it is not functional.

• The Quick Alignment function.

• This automatically adjusts “Horiz. disp. pos.â€, “Vert. disp. pos.â€, “Phaseâ€, “Trackingâ€, etc.

• Using the Quick Alignment function for automatic adjustments.

• Please use with bright still-pictures. This function may not work correctly on a dark picture or a motion-video.

If adjustment with the Quick Alignment function is not satisfactory, adjust “Horiz. disp. pos.†and “Vert. disp. pos.â€, “Phase†and “Tracking†individually.
Have you tried the Quick Alignment?

·
Registered
13,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickeame
Okay, so I have been going through fits with my HX2U. First of all, the installer did not do a great job sizing my screen so that there is a TON of picture I am missing. Then I went into the menu today and found this setting for "Horz. Dist Display" because my 4:3 content didn't look centered and now I find that the image itself is so offset I am lacking about 4" on one side!
I presume the "there is a TON of picture I am missing" is referencing overscan. You should be able to adjust this by using the zoom. I believe the "Horz. Dist Display" is more of an image alignment adjustment versus being used to move the entire image.

I would return all of image moving adjustments to their defaults (first writing down the existing value) and zoom in until you have an image almost touching each side of the screen's borders. You can change the projector's angle (up-down-left-right) until you get everything squared. Once you have the image totally filling up the screen zoom out a little to allow yourself some overscan and then focus the image. Keep in mind that focusing the image will at times vary the image size to a small degree.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by arca
From the manual at www.jvcdig.com describing the Quick Alignment button on the remote:

Have you tried the Quick Alignment?
When I push that button, nothing changes. Numbers don't change either, so color me "confused." :confused:

·
Registered
12,276 Posts
Can you give me your setup rundown? Ie. screen size, throw distance (lens to screen), source and source resolution, etc....?

I can help you get to the bottom of this.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
is the lense aligned w/ the center of the screen??

or is the center of the mount aligned w/ the center of the screen??

if the latter, that would explain the 4" offset.

if so, the installer needs to move the mount (or if using a chief mount,

there's an add-on piece that allows for some horizontal offset)

i've used the video test patterns for letterbox and 16:9 to do

tweak the projector alignment (once the lense is reasonably

centered)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.