AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if anyone out there can please help me with a set-up question for my Sony STR-DA1ES.

I want to hook up three different video components in order to send the video and audio signals through to our plasma HD-compatible monitor. We have a DVD player with component video and either optical audio or coax digital audio output connectors; we also have a STB HDTV receiver (Hughes E86) with component video and digital optical audio output connectors; finally, we have a DirecTIVO satellite receiver with RCA analog composite video and digital optical audio outputs.

As far as I can tell, the STR-DA1ES has two sets of component-in video connections, which are labeled TV/Sat and DVD/LD in, respectively. There are also four separate sets of analog video inputs, together with analog composite audio L/R inputs, labeled TV/Sat, DVD/LD, Video 1 and Video 2. (There are also analog L/R audio-only inputs for MD/Tape, Phono, and CD/SCD player.) Finally, there are three digital optical audio-in connectors, labeled DVD/LD, TV/Sat, and MD/Tape Optical In, as well as a single "Assignable Coaxial In" for DVD/LD or CD/SCD.

Does anyone out there know how I can hook up all three components and assign them to their own inputs/outputs so that I can switch between them with the receiver? I can't figure out a way to get all three hooked up at the same time, because there does not appear to be any way to assign one of the digital audio connections to go with the DirecTIVO's analog composite video inputs. I have enough different digital audio input connectors, but they all seem to be assigned (or assignable) only to the DVD or TV/Sat, and not to the Video 1 or Video 2 connections.

Sony's product support has been completely useless to date, sending me only stock answers not directly relating to this situation. Has anyone else encountered a similar situation and figured out how to deal with it?

Thanks .

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.