AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have set up a home distribution network where I have the Zone 2 output from my Pioneer VSX-94TXH A/V receiver being fed into a CE Labs 1001ST modulator - the coax output from the modulator runs into the home distribution panel.

I have a PS3 connected to the Pioneer receiver through HDMI where it is tagged as 'DVD' input. I am now trying to use the Zone 2 output with 'DVD' as the input for this zone but am unable to get any video out to the modulator. I have tried other inputs and the video is indeed sent out but for some reason, the PS3's inputs are not being sent out by the Pioneer into Zone 2.

Does anyone have a clue about what is happening here ?

thanks

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Due to HDMI copy restrictions, receivers do not convert the HDMI digital signal to a component or composite signal output. You will need to use either the component or composite inputs on the receiver from the PS3.

·
Registered
10,874 Posts
Zone 2 only supports analog audio sources, which is a very common limitation. Anything coming in HDMI will have digital audio only, hence no audio output from Zone 2... Oddly, that receiver will push only digital audio to Zone 3 (no analog).

Hook up the PS3 component A/V cables to get analog audio in addition to the HDMI/optical (digital audio) cable.

Jeff

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.