AVS Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i posted this in the help thread but got no answer so here it is

hello i having problems playing getting my Xbox 360 to play on my projector whilst using the optical audio dongle to have sound through my amp, the Xbox is connected to the projector through the HDMI cable and whenever i have both the HDMI cable in the projector and the optical cable in the amp the projector will not display the xbox, the xbox constantly reboots and the amp turns on and off.

However if i have the Xbox plugged into the projector without the optical going into the amp i can see it fine, and if i have the optical plugged into the amp without the HDMI cable in the pojector i can hear it fine, only when they are both plugged in does it mess up. is there any way to sort this out?

Cheers.

·
Registered
9,280 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

·
Registered
9,280 Posts
i like how you gave him the same thread i did

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i dont think it is the Dongle, it works fine when i use it with my turtle beach headset, this happened too when i tried the normal AV cable with the plastic taken off but i just thought that it was the AV cable acting up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
and looking at that other thread it seems that those peoples problem is that there xbox resets when they change to a different source but mine is that i cant even get audio and visual at the same time, and when both cables are plugged in the back of the xbox it constantly resets.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by formulanerd /forum/post/19540758

i like how you gave him the same thread i did

Just checked back into this thread and noticed that. That's what I get for being very slow at responding. There wasn't any replies when I decided to reply. It apparently took me nine minutes to do that small post!

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
If you go back to that thread and read past the first page, you'll find that this was a problem common to people using the HDMI dongle with optical audio. I'm with formula - I think it's the dongle. Have you actually tried getting a replacement dongle to see if it fixes the issue?

Also, when you say your receiver turns on and off; it probably isn't actually turning on and off, but rather cycling between getting the signal and then losing it again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.