AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am a newbie and trying to set up a home theater for the first time. The amount of information is kind of whelming.. I saw a few deals that will expire today and appreciate any advice on which ones to pick..(I do care about the looking and build quality besides the AV performance, video upscaling and vga in to hdmi out are must-have) Thanks!

Receivers:

Pioneer VSX 920

Pioneer VSX 1020

Onkyo TX-SR608

Denon AVR 791

Speakers:

Polk Audio RM85 5CH Satellite Speaker System

Polk Audio RM 95 5CH Satellite Speaker System

Klipsch HD 300 Compact 5.1 High Definition Theater system

Energy Take Classic 5.1 5.1CH Premium Home Theater System

Btw, how about Bose T20/v25 compared to the setups above?

Thanks,

T

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom52 /forum/post/19562879

Add the Yamaha 1065 to that list. As a matter of fact get the 1065 instead of the ones you have listed. Its a real good AVR and Yamaha's reliability is second to none IMO.

Thanks a lot for the advice! But I read some negative reviews about 1065 on the poor FM reception and that it provides only optical or coaxial digital audio inputs for component video AV channels. Is it common among other choices?

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
^^^

- very few consumer avr's have "good" tuners anymore... it's not worth it for the cem to spec good tuners, as the majority of users never actually use them...

- i'd be quite surprised if it won't take analog audio input...

·
Registered
7,815 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tqz /forum/post/19564146

Thanks a lot for the advice! But I read some negative reviews about 1065 on the poor FM reception and that it provides only optical or coaxial digital audio inputs for component video AV channels. Is it common among other choices?

Go to the thread here and read what owners have to say about it. This AVR can be had for well under $400 at the Egg. As far as the poor FM reception a lot of that depends on whatever area you are living in as well as how strong your local stations are. The specs for it on FM reception are the same as any AVR as far I know and have read. This AVR will upscale all inputs to HDMI just as others here will do. Check out the thread and ask some questions in it. I think you will find that it is a very capable and excellent AVR. Room to grow with pre-outs and even has analog multi-channel inputs if you should ever need that. Good luck and enjoy whichever you choose. Just another option to look into.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts