AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! I bought a reconditioned Marantz SR5009 off of Amazon with a 1 year of warrantee. I updated the firmware (habit), hooked it up and tuned the system using Audyssey and enjoyed it for almost 4 weeks before it lost is brain. I called up Marantz tech support because I was having several problems:
1. It wasn't playing airplay streams without massive audio loss.
2. Pandora streams would stop at the end of a song and after several minutes it would resume.

I was instructed to reset the unit or reboot my router. I did reset the Marantz but the behaviour remained the same. I'm a network admin by trade so I tore into the WiFi network using every tool I have and I can tell you, its performing flawlessly. I called up Amazon and they were great; they sent me a new unit overnight. I set it up, downloaded the firmware update again, tuned the system and started streaming Pandora again. Unfortunately after 2 days, the iPhone app won't allow me to control Pandora and I'm afraid the unit is "stuck" on my daughter's nursery rhyme station. I've re-downloaded the app and I'm still unable to control Pandora. (Oddly, its still showing the song I was playing 2 days ago.) I'm not able to use any buttons in the app once I've gone into Pandora and I have to kill the app and to back in to make anything work. I'm unable to AirPlay because the Pandora stream keeps taking over after a few seconds.

All other non-streaming functions of the amp are flawless and I'm getting upset. What other amps out there are like this Marantz with streaming Pandora, AirPlay and the beautiful warm tone in the price range of an SR5009. I'm considering dumping this unit altogether!

Misc Notes: The unit was able to successfully perform the network diagnostics this morning, but now its not able to. (its still playing this Pandora stream). I'm unable to check for firmware updates either.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I hadn't done a reset, but I just did one. (Same steps Marantz had me do for the previous amp.) When I was done, I verified I was running the latest firmware and stopped with only basic config. (I didn't run through the Audyssey setup.) I was able to control Pandora again for a short time. About 2 minutes ago, it stopped updating the display on the TV and the amp; it isn't responding to the remote or the iPhone app either. At least I like the station its still playing. :)

The amp is still responding to commands for volume and swapping between sources. *scratches head*
 
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Top