AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using my new VMPS larger sub for the past few weeks and, no joke, I am filled to the bursting point with positive feelings. This thing is an absolute behemoth in both output capability and, somewhat less fortunately, size. The size is 23 x 32x 19" (HxWxD), but as amazing as it sounds, the bass coming out of this thing feels like as if it is coming from a box twice the size! when I crank up the volume on bass intensive material, I can feel the energy wash over my body, and my vision will sometimes blur! This thing is just crazy.

The quality is also something to get excited about. I have yet to hear any noticable distortion, and somehow the 12 and 15" woofers are able to be fast and accurate. If I wasn't hearing it with my own ears it would be hard for me to fully believe, so I am not asking anyone to take my word for it. Frankly, I don't care WHAT people believe, I'm just thrilled to know that I can listen to it any time I want to. When I get some time, I plan on sitting down and doing some SPL readings.

My advice to anyone out there looking for a sub: If you have the room for a box this big your search is at an end. Plain and simple, I HIGHLY doubt that there is ANY SINGLE SUBWOOFER OR PAIR OF SUBWOOFERS meant for home use that can be bought from any manufacturer that can best this subwoofer without spending at least 4 times the price (and most likely more than that!). Let's just say that I am extremely greatful that I took as much time as I did looking at different subs before I bought. In retrospect, I feel it would have been foolish for me to have bought any thing other than my VMPS larger sub.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Have you calibrated the speakers with a SPL? And have you checked around to see if it's due to resonate frequancys?

Just a couple thoughts.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.