AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am helping a neighbor run all their AV components through their receiver and everything works fine EXCEPT I cannot get sound when the receiver is set to SAT/TV.

The current hook-up is:

Digital cable from wall to Cable IN on back of Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2200 digital cable box.

RCA cables L, R, & Video from back of above cable box to appropriate RCA jacks to INPUT on back of Series II TIVO box

Output RCA cables from TIVO box to IN TV/Sat on back of receiver

Monitor OUT S-Video on receiver to S-Video 1 in on TV.

This should work but when I select TV/SAT on receiver (and turn on cable box and TIVO) I get no sound. Weird. Everything else I hooked up works fine (DVD Player, etc.).

I will be checking to see if I have defective cables today. Any other suggestions?

The only cable we want connected to the TV is the S-Video from the receiver (since it is the central component). Many thanks.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
First - is there sound coming out of the cable box via the RCA jacks ?

Then add the Tivo.

Is there S-Video out of the Cable box ? If so, I'd hook up the S-Video from the cable box to the Tivo to the receiver as well. Better picture, etc.

Is there any kind of digital audio cable out of the Cable box, and are you using it ? Or can you disable it ?

Assuming your RCA cables are OK, it sounds like your Tivo may have problems (or needs to be setup properly).

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help. It was a bad rca cable. Everything works great now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.