Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi:

I need some advice on getting the correct system for my home. Looks like I am going with the Sammy 6768w so that will be the cornerstone of my video. Also I can't change the audio components cause the Sammy will cost me 5k. I have Infinity satellites and the Infinity Kappa center channel plus an Infinity 250 watt powered subwoofer. These components are about 12 yrs old. These have to stay ($$$)and I am very satified with them.

I purchased a Yamaha RX-V1400 receiver last year ($720) and a Sony DVP-NC665P dvd player (gift). Right now I have basic cable (75ohm connector, plz dont yell). My room is 17' wide and 13-15' to viewing the tv. Also 13' cathedral ceiling and plenty of daylight. Believe it or not we are watching a 27" panny flat crt because I waited a long time for a large (+60") to become somewhat affordable.

Here is what we like to view. Mainly DVD's and in the future HD fare and unfortunately SD stuff cause thats mainly whats on. I AM NOT A GAMER.

I need to know if i should upgrade (ugg) the receiver again? Also, I want to get satellite. I watch the Yankees so Directv seems the way to go. I understand they have a new receiver/dvr. Which is the absolute best receiver for Directv with recording capability for the 6768w?

Lastly I guess the Sony DVD player has to go? It says progressive and mp3 player. It has component out and both coaxial and optical out sound. I am hoping only to buy the Directv receiver you guys/gals suggest and DVD player cause of $$$ restraints. Again any advice would be appreciated. Thanks so much. Regards...

·
Registered
615 Posts
You should at least try your DVD player using component and check it with progressive ON and progressive OFF - you might be surprised. Otherwise consider getting a DVD player that scales up to 720P or higher. The DVD Player forum will have more details.

Can't comment on DIrectv as I have a Comcast HD/DVR box.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.