AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i switch in the audio menu page to DTS, i get no sound. i do get the DTS logo intro.

works fine in 5.1 DD

my system works fine using other DTS discs, right before, or right after.

is this a possibly defective disc? i never had a bad DVD.

:( :confused: :mad:

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
What are you using to play the DVD? Have you tried other DTS DVDs?

Gertjan

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm playing it on a sony 7700 into my proceed AVP.

and yes...DTS works fine on the DTS Demo #4, Barry Manilow (no snide comments please:) ) and others i've rented. both the sony and the proceed are correctly set up.

at one time the AVP had a tendency to take a few seconds to lock onto a DTS signal...and that was annoying when fast forward a disc. that issue has actually been solved by a firmware upgrade i did recently.

another possible complication: i run the coax digital from the sony7700 through a monarchy audio DIP24 de-jitter device. from that box i run a balanced-end coax into the proceed. but again...this setup works fine with other DTS soundtracks.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Did you try to manually switch it to DTS on the fly while the film is playing? Most players have an audio button on the remote that allows this. (Some discs wont allow you to do this on the fly- rather they make you go to the menu screens to change the audio track- i own the Fifth Element SB disc and i cant remember if it allows this or not)

On my Panasonic player- i could scroll through the available audio tracks on most discs that would allow this feature while the film was playing. This was also a neat way to show people what the difference between DTS, DD, and Pro-Logic.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Even though I am using an HTPC, I had problems playing this superbit in DTS with PowerDVD (stuttering: It sounded like a helicopter in slow motion during the DTS logo). Dolby Digital worked fine. So, I simply used a different dvdplayer (WinDVD), and the movie played pretty good in DTS. I then upgraded the version of PowerDVD, and now it plays the movie in DTS almost perfectly.

I guess my point is that this dvd has some quirks. I still get a few dropped frames during the movie. The dropped frames are in different places depending on which player I'm using.

Slobbie

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.