AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi just got a panny plasma with 15 pin vga in. Connected to dtc100 , signed up for hbo a la carte ect. I receive hd net ect using s video connection but when I switch no pc(hdtv) input I get the sign " no signal".

I tested the plasma monitor with a computer ..it worked , so the problem seems to be the dtc 100.It is an open box buy so can be returned.

Is there any thing I need to check or change to get the hdtv signal out of the vga??:confused:

Thanks for any help

thequietman

·
Registered
145 Posts
Try the "Fetch" button on the remote...the regular and VGA outputs are not active at the same time..."Fetch" switches you between the 2...

·
Registered
957 Posts
Even easier, have you pushed the button on the right hand side of the receiver. you should see two leds (power on the left and the HD input on the right) glowing back at you when the HD input is active. Also have you set the proper retrace timing for your set?

·
Registered
957 Posts
Go into the menu for retrace and set it to the type for your display.

Also I looked at the manual for what I think is your set PD-42PD1. from what I can see the VGA input is for a computer and will not display a HD image only a 640 x 480.

Look at page 15 where it shows using the component inputs. I would recomend a VGA breakout cable which will give you 5 inputs like shown on page 15. Then mess around with the retrace if required. I would not know exactly which one you should use for your plasma display.

Good luck.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I'm having a similar problem with a DTC-100 I just hooked up to the same antenna I normally use for viewing. It won't lock onto any broadcast signal. I got it open box and the remote isn't exactly the same, and it doesn't have a button labeled "fetch". But since I can read all the menus fine, including the weak signal message, I don't think going to s-video will help. The HD Input light is on.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Richard, did you perform a full channel search where both antenna inputs were used? Also make sure the antenna; A or B that you have your antenna coax attachec to is selected. The DTC100 has a pretty good OTA tuner for analog as well as digital.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Well, I did try that, but it didn't work. I have no way to prove that the unit works at all, because the Circuit City I bought this from is too technically incompetent to even figure out how to get their demo satellite feed in HD. They've probably got a DTC-100 in the back connected using s-video.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.