AVS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I just purchased a new PC that will essentially be a HTPC on roids.

I can't get a picture on my Mitsubishi HC3800 when I connect it to the Nvdia 560 HDMI port through my Yamaha 1067 Receiver. I can see BIOS on the pojector in this setup however it craps itself when Windows 7 kicks in.

The picture does work when I connect it to the mainboard HDMI through the receiver.

I can also say that if I connect my ASUS LCD monitor to the video card through the amp it works so I think the problem lies with the video card (perhaps).

Any idea what the issue is and how it can be rectified? I've updated all the drivers on OS and video card but that didn't work for me.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
585 Posts
My computer has to be turned on first........then the PJ.... it searches for the signal and locks. If I do it in reverse sometimes I get a no picture, can be quirky sometimes.

Some PJ have a hard time locking in on the HDCP it can be the PJ problem or the vid card....... Good Luck

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Is your Video card set as the primary graphics display in your computer BIOS?

What resolution is Windows7 set to send to your display?

Does your Yamaha an option to set it's output resolution?

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
I think the problem is the projector. Allow Windows to fully boot first because it sounds like your projector wants to lock in on the first signal it sees (640X480).

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
The default resolution for all video cards when booting is 640p and and all displays support 640p. You are sending another resolution from windows once it boots which your configuration will not accept, Try booting in SafeMode and changing your resolution to 1080i and then Windows will use 1080i as it's normal resolution the next time it boots.

·
Premium Member
5,390 Posts
I have to use an HD resolution through AVR for the Vizio or the Epson.

·
Registered
4,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/20792762

The default resolution for all video cards when booting is 640p and and all displays support 640p. You are sending another resolution from windows once it boots which your configuration will not accept, Try booting in SafeMode and changing your resolution to 1080i and then Windows will use 1080i as it's normal resolution the next time it boots.

But the BIOS will still use 640X480...

·
Registered
4,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinleeds /forum/post/20792964

I have to use an HD resolution through AVR for the Vizio or the Epson.

I don't go through a receiver and both my Vizios handle pretty much anything I throw to them. They can even change mid-stream.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the feedback.

I have set my PCI-e video card as the primary display driver in BIOS. I have also tried 1080i but to no avail. It

Even if I fire up the projector after the PC has booted it still does not like this signal. What is weird is that the Video Card is pushing out 1080p at 60Hz native. The receiver can handle this and the signal goes straight through as is. The Projector is also able to receive 1080p at 60Hz so they should talk.

I'm currently using my ASUS 1080p 23" monitor to type this and the signal gets here ok!

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
Have the video card "push out" 1080i as not all 1080p displays will not accept 1080p even it it is their native resolution.

When you boot in safe mode you will be using 640x480 but you will be able change the normal mode display resolution to be used the next time you boot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts